• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shield arms S15 mags...not for carry?

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
So I’ve seen lots of positive reviews but also a good bit of issues with these mags for the 43xand 48. Perhaps when the pistols were engineered, Glock made em a 10 round gun for a reason? Just curious the general consensus on odt. Just a range toy or EDC ready?

james Yeager (who I don’t care much for his personality) has 2 videos stating slot of issues with students in classes with these mags. Active self protection has also had shield arms break apart in classes. Several others on articles and videos stating various issues. On top of all this when ya switch to the shield mag catch it’s no longer good for the oem mags as shield themselves say it will chew up the oem mags.

so...it’s either ya set your pistol up for only shield arms mags and the uncertain reliability of 15 rounds or keep it stock with proven 10 round mags from Glock.

The shield arms mag catch works just fine with OEM mag. It’ll just chew them up faster (which the plastic catch will also do with enough use).
Just need to decide which you plan to use more... and recognize that magazines are a wear item...

Wasnt sure by the way I read about em chewing up mags if it was considerably faster. Seemed like ya better off sticking with either their mag catch and mags or glock oem mag catch and oem mags

I have and carry a G48. I use the factory mags and don’t have any plans to change that. I’d carry a G19 of G17 if I wanted 15/17 and a fighting sized gun.

I have the S15 mag and the catch on my 43X. I have taken it to the range and shot several mags through it and it performed flawlessly! Not saying I will or wont have an issue but that's with ANY moving parts!

Back
Top Bottom