• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shipping Ammo?

Mirvin 264

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
440   0
Reaction score
Found a particular rifle ammo I've been looking for (hard to find), but the gentleman lives in Franklin, N.C., which makes a drive counter-productive! Is there a legal process where it can be shipped to me at my location? I've had a handgun shipped to my location through Fed-Ex, but never dealt with an ammo purchase like this- Thanks for any help!

Found a particular rifle ammo I've been looking for (hard to find), but the gentleman lives in Franklin, N.C., which makes a drive counter-productive! Is there a legal process where it can be shipped to me at my location? I've had a handgun shipped to my location through Fed-Ex, but never dealt with an ammo purchase like this- Thanks for any help!

This link should answer your question.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_133/372846_Shipping_Loaded_Ammunition_in_the_United_States.html

He might have to drop it off at a distribution hub. I bought some ammo from an ODT member in New Jersey, he marked the box correctly, and the UPS guy wouldn't take it. He printed his own shipping label for home pickup. He ended up having to drive to Philadelphia to drop it off at an authorized location.

I've never shipped ammo, but he made it seem like a hassle.

If you are not a registered FFA dealer, then this was highly illegal. You can not ship a handgun to a person who doesn't have a FF License, and you can't receive a handgun from anyone unless you have a license.

If you are not a registered FFA dealer, then this was highly illegal. You can not ship a handgun to a person who doesn't have a FF License, and you can't receive a handgun from anyone unless you have a license.

He probably means it was shipped to a local FFL, but it could be read either way.

Wrong, if you sent a handgun out for repair, whomever did the repairs is allowed to send it directly back to you.

Back
Top Bottom