• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shipping ammunition?

CraigMo

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to ship 60 rounds of ammunition to someone. Post office isn't any help other than pointing me to the code of federal regulations and suggesting that I ship it with UPS or Fedex.

The local pack and wrap won't deal with firearms or ammunition as a company rule, so I don't usually go there for anything, and I know they wouldn't be any help in this case.

What's the legal way to do it? Anyone have a link or something that covers it in plain English?

Take to a UPS center (not a pak/ship). Box needs to be labeled ORM-D SMALL ARMS on 3 sides with a sharpie or something. It's shipped ground. Does NOT require a signature for delivery (Counter folks were wrong when I went in).

What's the rule regarding powder & primers? Can they be shipped? My step dad is breaking up his Dillon set and selling everything... One guy who want's the stuff is in Ohio I think. Wasn't sure if you could even ship powder...

shipped a firearm with UPS yesterday... they informed me ...NO ammo!!! Im not clear if that is only with a firearm or totally...link above verified that....All ammo I have recieved in past was always Fedex

Last edited:
What's the rule regarding powder & primers? Can they be shipped? My step dad is breaking up his Dillon set and selling everything... One guy who want's the stuff is in Ohio I think. Wasn't sure if you could even ship powder...

that requires a haz-mat fee as well fedc or UPS

- - - Updated - - -

shipped a firearm with UPS yesterday... they informed me ...NO ammo!!! Im not clear if that is only with a firearm or totally...link above verified that....All ammo I have recieved in past was always Fedex

with firearm ammo goes separate

Back
Top Bottom