• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting on your own property in Douglas County

As has been stated. Check with Douglas County and ascertain what zoning you are in. If in a S/D they may have by laws against shooting. Sometimes you don't have to be in a S/D just close and the zoning gets you.Then definitely check with neighbors and ask them to shoot with you. Be nice and friendly and ask them if there are certain times that they nap or have children that nap or what time they eat. many families like to sit down and eat undisturbed. If you start out on the right foot as it seems you are trying to do it will go a long way in keeping peace with neighbors.

your good, but ive got a shooting lane and I honestly suggest if you want to shoot and be safe shoot with me some day.....we are off 166 near post rd.

here's the alternate suggestion........hire a grader and build a berm it helps greatly.

Second the suppressor idea. I have several, and no one knows when/if I shoot something in the yard.

You'll definitely want to introduce yourself to your neighbor beforehand and invite him to join you. He may not want to, but make sure you tell him to call you if he'll have kids/guests over that may not want to hear your toys, or who may wander out your way.

Keep it up front, and friendly, and you'll have fewer complaints.

And get a suppressor or 3. You know you want one, you know they're cool. Just go ahead and do it!

Picture-17402.jpg

Back
Top Bottom