• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting some Battle Rifles today....@ Creekside

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I got in some well needed range time today. I have been working almost 7 days a week for a while. But I got to take this afternoon off and go to the range. alleycat alleycat and I met up there and we had a blast.

So my Bushmaster HBAR 20" A2 Service rifle. Well let just say minute of Barndoor would be calling it nice with that one to start. Sights were WAY off. Front sight was short. Windage was off, just a mess. I finally said. I dont give a Dam* Alleycat just fix the dang sights. So he cranked on the front sight post. I was spotting him and he managed to DRILL he bulls-eye several times. That Cat is a great shot. He then handed the rifle back to me and BINGO. I was on. I like how it shoots. NO recoil compared to my Garand. The rifle is heavy. I dig it. Thanks fast306stang fast306stang for trading me. Its a keeper.

My Garand - I love her. I hope to give her to my son one day. I hope he enjoys it as much as I do. She shoots so nice. I am very lucky to have that rifle.

I finally got to shoot an M1A National Match. - After my double tap on the first shot...LOL.....I got settled in on the trigger and got her on my target at 100 yards and man that rifle can out shoot me. VERY NICE. Has different harmonics than the Garand. Feels good. I can see why so many guys use them for Highpower. The stock is beefy. It Looks SO USGI. I dig it.

Some pics...

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg (2).jpeg

I got in some well needed range time today. I have been working almost 7 days a week for a while. But I got to take this afternoon off and go to the range. alleycat alleycat and I met up there and we had a blast.

So my Bushmaster HBAR 20" A2 Service rifle. Well let just say minute of Barndoor would be calling it nice with that one to start. Sights were WAY off. Front sight was short. Windage was off, just a mess. I finally said. I dont give a Dam* Alleycat just fix the dang sights. So he cranked on the front sight post. I was spotting him and he managed to DRILL he bulls-eye several times. That Cat is a great shot. He then handed the rifle back to me and BINGO. I was on. I like how it shoots. NO recoil compared to my Garand. The rifle is heavy. I dig it. Thanks fast306stang fast306stang for trading me. Its a keeper.

My Garand - I love her. I hope to give her to my son one day. I hope he enjoys it as much as I do. She shoots so nice. I am very lucky to have that rifle.

I finally got to shoot an M1A National Match. - After my double tap on the first shot...LOL.....I got settled in on the trigger and got her on my target at 100 yards and man that rifle can out shoot me. VERY NICE. Has different harmonics than the Garand. Feels good. I can see why so many guys use them for Highpower. The stock is beefy. It Looks SO USGI. I dig it.

Some pics...

View attachment 1187723 View attachment 1187724

I've never seen someone as happy as you were when you fired that Garand. You literally laughed after every shot.....i could tell how much you love that one

IMG_0532.JPG

Holy crap you scared me to death with the beginning of your second paragraph! I'm glad alleycat alleycat was able to get you on target and I'm really glad you like the rifle and it performs well for you! Man you had me worried! Lol!

Looks like y'all had a great time. All the rifles on the table look fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom