• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting while Pregnant

My niece called me today,wants me to take her shooting,asked if it was ok with her being 5 months pregnant.I googled it and still don’t know the answer maybe someone here has faced the situation.just concerned about baby and the noise.

That would be something to avoid at 5 months.

Mfoster: Do you know any people who have a .22 pistol with a suppressor?
My Buckmark with an AAC rimfire silencer is pretty quiet.
Yes I have 3 pistols and 3 rifles she recently purchased a 43x and wanted to shoot.when she asked me the question I said I really don’t know.have never seen it discussed on a forum.i told her I would ask her docter.i don’t know if a unborn baby can hear anything on the outside.

Lead poisoning and sound pollution . Even after birth you probably want to avoid stuff like this. Take her gun, run a mag thru it, make sure it functions and return it.

In the Marine corps, female marines are not allowed to maintain weapons during pregnancy. This is due to health concerns for the baby. I also believe there was an extension that allowed them not to handle firearms while breastfeeding.

Also, for male marines who had women at home who were pregnant, it was always encouraged that they wash and change out of uniform before engaging with their pregnant wife/girlfriend/whatever. This also was the case when the woman was breastfeeding.

Can't say I would recommend it. That being said, you could always do an outside range and have a wear a mask and make sure she washes up immediately afterwards and changes clothes.

I would sure like to see a link to this nonsense.
I worked in law enforcement back in the 80’s. I remember it was a subject of discussion in one of my P.O.S.T classes. The female officer should have passed on the shooting and didn’t. She tried to sue the department.

This factoid stuck in my brain and when I read this thread, I chimed in.

My wife shot some tannerite in the backyard during one of our pregnancies… No worries here, all 3 of our kids are healthy however BAT **** CRAZY so no known anomalies recognized in this sample…

Back
Top Bottom