• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shortage of ammo(A.K.A. Not prepared)

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
So ive seen lots of posts lately on folks building/buying toys they cant shoot due to shortage of ammo and it made me wonder how people come to this ?? Buy guns till the urge/need is meet then figure out if they can use em or what? Why the 5 AR's with 20rds????? Does lead pipe not mean much?

lately the panic type seem more towards the weapon than the ammo. Rather have 1 rifle with 100rds than 100 rifles with 1 round. Poor decision making in my opinion.

do you have enough to operate what you've purchased?? Or is it just a pile of metal?

The point you're making is pretty valid. I can't really understand the need for a maximum number of firearms with a minimum supply of ammo. Eventually prices and stock will level out and catch up.....maybe it's just a case of putting the cart before the horse.

I just got my stamp back on a 300 BLK about 2 weeks ago. Six months ago, when I sent the stamp off, I knew of at least 4 places I could have gotten 300BLK subsonic. Now I cannot even find one. Didn't build it anticipating having a hard time finding ammo.

I just got my stamp back on a 300 BLK about 2 weeks ago. Six months ago, when I sent the stamp off, I knew of at least 4 places I could have gotten 300BLK subsonic. Now I cannot even find one. Didn't build it anticipating having a hard time finding ammo.

Now this would be driving me insane. I cannot imagine how aggravating that must be for you. Waiting all that time to get your stamp only to be stuck with no ammo. Sometimes life really does just suck.

What I do not really understand is the .22 caliber. Ammo was running out everywhere and people wanted 10/22's, pistols and other .22's. It was kinda like ---whatever ammo is running low, that is what I want a firearm for.

Gun without ammo is just a high priced club. Much cheaper clubs can be gotten off the sides of trees. Plan ahead.

I like to shoot. I consider myself prepared and am coming pretty close to breaking the seal on my minimum supply of ammo. I can not see paying I insane prices so close to a major spike in prices. I guess I will have to slow down on all the trigger time. I hate that feeling.

I have seen a few glimmers of hope the pricing will soon come back Into a "normal" range. I am willing to wait and not support this type of pricing. That's just me.

Last edited:
I used to shoot once a week. Now I am shooting once a month. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I only got couple thousand rounds for my 9mm and only 1k rounds for my AR.

I like to shoot. I consider myself prepared and am coming pretty close to breaking the seal on my minimum supply of ammo. I can not see paying I insane prices so close to a major spike in prices. I guess I will have to slow down on all the trigger time. I hate that feeling.

I have seen a few glimmers of hope the pricing will soon come back I to a "normal". I am willing to wait and not support this type of pricing. That's just me.

Everyone was more worried about buying AR's instead of Ammo..It's crazy cause reloading components are just as hard to come by. Not that it's a problem in out house hold cause we are just where we need to be on our ammo stock. Got lots of powder, projectiles, brass. I refuse to pay $40 for .22LR and any other high amount for ammo

Back
Top Bottom