Shortage? What shortage?

And there are some member here on the ODT that don't take advantage of others, and they sell ammo for decent prices.

This got me thinking, I'm kind of afraid to do a count of 22 because I may be in the same boat as you. Been buying steady whever I seen it. But I have a spectre 2 on the way so it will be getting used up in no time anyway.

I definitely haven't been able to find any locally (aside from 50 round boxes at Academy for $5, limit of 3, only recently) for almost 2 years now.
I haven't looked online much, but have checked PSA fairly regularly and their prices before shipping were pretty high. Right now they have 100 rounds for $11.99: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/standard-velocity-22lr-40gr-lr.html
That's 12 cents a round, before shipping, and its only for 100 rounds. I would imagine that shipping 10 of those would cost close to the shipping price for 1...but that would put me at $120 for 1,000 rounds, plus shipping, when some folks are walking out of Wal-mart with the same amount for $45-50.

I definitely haven't been able to find any locally (aside from 50 round boxes at Academy for $5, limit of 3, only recently) for almost 2 years now.
I haven't looked online much, but have checked PSA fairly regularly and their prices before shipping were pretty high. Right now they have 100 rounds for $11.99: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/standard-velocity-22lr-40gr-lr.html
That's 12 cents a round, before shipping, and its only for 100 rounds. I would imagine that shipping 10 of those would cost close to the shipping price for 1...but that would put me at $120 for 1,000 rounds, plus shipping, when some folks are walking out of Wal-mart with the same amount for $45-50.

Locally, it has been almost nonexistent until Gander Mountain opened. They've got a steady supply and are just down the road. Local shops have been raping people. The better deal at PSA is the bulk CCI standard velocity (2 brick limit) which was $0.12 / round shipped. A little high, but not awful for CCI. One of the best deals I've caught lately was 2100 rounds of Federal bulk pack from Cabela's. They've had it available twice in the last 60 days and it came in a new steel ammo can. Got in on that twice. Absolute best deal all year was a case of 5k American Eagle from Midway at $0.04 / round, delivered. Also, keep an eye on Ray's listings. He was more than fair. I got 2600 rounds from him on Saturday at $0.06 / rd. All of that ammo is being redistributed among friends at cost.

ST - I know that Gander Mountain and Ray's stuff doesn't help you, but I thought I'd put it out there for folks who are closer to the Southside of ATL.

Last edited:
Locally, it has been almost nonexistent until Gander Mountain opened. They've got a steady supply and are just down the road. Local shops have been raping people. The better deal at PSA is the bulk CCI standard velocity (2 brick limit) which was $0.12 / round shipped. A little high, but not awful for CCI. One of the best deals I've caught lately was 2100 rounds of Federal bulk pack from Cabela's. They've had it available twice in the last 60 days and it came in a new steel ammo can. Got in on that twice. Absolute best deal all year was a case of 5k American Eagle from Midway at $0.04 / round, delivered. Also, keep an eye on Ray's listings. He was more than fair. I got 2600 rounds from him on Saturday at $0.06 / rd. All of that ammo is being redistributed among friends at cost.

ST - I know that Gander Mountain and Ray's stuff doesn't help you, but I thought I'd put it out there for folks who are closer to the Southside of ATL.

Yeah, I think some areas are better than others as well. We had a Cabela's open up here this year, but other than the opening day sale, I haven't heard of any being there either.
I will have to keep my eye out. My wife has a Smith 15-22 and wants to go shoot!

**Also, to be clear, I wasn't challenging mtdawg on his findings, just pointing out my own frustrations, lack of success in finding any (mainly on my local brick and mortar market)**

Last edited:
Yeah, I think some areas are better than others as well. We had a Cabela's open up here this year, but other than the opening day sale, I haven't heard of any being there either.
I will have to keep my eye out. My wife has a Smith 15-22 and wants to go shoot!

**Also, to be clear, I wasn't challenging mtdawg on his findings, just pointing out my own frustrations, lack of success in finding any (mainly on my local brick and mortar market)**

I knew you didn't mean it that way & you know I wouldn't take it that way. But I appreciate you clarifying it for the rest of the readers. ;)

My store has a huge huge stock of cci quiet sub sonic for 3.30/50 which is not what I need. They get a call from me every morning and I get the same reply... just waiting for their normal 22lr stock to come back, or I just need to buy it all and justify a can.

Back
Top Bottom