• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What, if anything, has happened to all these "banned" companies?

I refuse to step foot in a Target...doesn't appear to have had much effect....their stock had a BIG bump a couple days ago...
Well that's partially due to the amount of store closings they had, so on paper it makes sense. Lower operating costs = higher cash on hand/revenue so investors are happy. But yeah, you can't stop the soccer moms with their pumpkin lattes and yoga pants from going in to a Target no matter what...

Well that's partially due to the amount of store closings they had, so on paper it makes sense. Lower operating costs = higher cash on hand/revenue so investors are happy. But yeah, you can't stop the soccer moms with their pumpkin lattes and yoga pants from going in to a Target no matter what...
Yep!!!
My daughter in-law is about as conservative as a gal can get....HOWEVER....even with her 3 little girls(age6 to12) she still shops at Target.....makes me sick!!!

Women spend the money - they are the ones that can make an impact. Where do women shop - Target (everything) and Dicks (shoes for them and kids).

Bud Light hurt the worse because men buy beer.

What about the woke kneeling NFL - men still watch so there you go.

Oh no not billion of dollars. Thats a slap on the wrist for these titans. People still gobble up their garbage products because americans are addicted to consumption of brand

Yes, BILLIONS of dollars, I don't care how big the company is... it's going to hurt. And people are finally waking up to the corporations who want to push this woke garbage, and saying no. And we can thank Alissa Heinerscheid for the straw that broke the camels back. The Ivy League VP of marketing who was making approximately $420,000 a year, not only killed the #1 selling beer in America, but also started the anti-woke movement against companies who pick these type of people to be their brand ambassadors. Not to mention, she committed career suicide, and will never be hired in any leadership position again. Maybe she can go back to drinking beer out of condoms again, and see if that makes her any money.

Women spend the money - they are the ones that can make an impact. Where do women shop - Target (everything) and Dicks (shoes for them and kids).

Bud Light hurt the worse because men buy beer.

What about the woke kneeling NFL - men still watch so there you go.
Well to be fair, the NFL nipped that in the bud too when they saw numbers going down. I actually watched the last few seasons and not a single kneeler. Actually saw players tearing up during the Anthem though which was a nice change of pace.

But yeah, it's about who consumes it. Women generally don't care if it's their favorite store. Men will straight up dump all their beer out and buy another brand.

A buycott is only one of the ways to influence companies' behavior, but at the moment, it does work provided that the risk of lost earnings becomes significant. Posted upthread, if you have shareholders in the company who are activists, the bad publicity can move those investors into the mindset of upending the board of directors of the company.

In a really huge multinational like Pepsico, it's unlikely this would occur unless there are other large institutional investors who are dissatisfied with management in general, but every blow counts.

Slightly different story, but for years, colleges have been pushing the "Other BDS" agenda - "Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions" (not the now ancient "Bush Derangement Syndrome") against Israel and nobody did anything about it. It didn't stop Bill Ackman of Pershing Square Capital Management from continuing to endow Harvard with donations. Until one day, he said "enough" earlier this year. The rest - as we've found - is recent history.

The dynamics of buycotts is that they have little impact - until suddenly they do. If enough people feel strongly enough about the way Dicks behaved in 2014, you'll see an impact. And they did Dicks hurt BADLY after their response to Sandy Hook.

Sometimes, the effect of a change in buying takes a long while to be noticed and the impact is less immediately spectacular.

Yes, BILLIONS of dollars, I don't care how big the company is... it's going to hurt. And people are finally waking up to the corporations who want to push this woke garbage, and saying no. And we can thank Alissa Heinerscheid for the straw that broke the camels back. The Ivy League VP of marketing who was making approximately $420,000 a year, not only killed the #1 selling beer in America, but also started the anti-woke movement against companies who pick these type of people to be their brand ambassadors. Not to mention, she committed career suicide, and will never be hired in any leadership position again. Maybe she can go back to drinking beer out of condoms again, and see if that makes her any money.
Career suicide? On the contrary she's a role model and hero (or is it shero?) to the left. I wouldn't be surprised if she already has a million $$ book deal. Remember, she was only suspended by AB Inbev for about 3 months before they officially canned her sorry Ivy League ass. They thought this would all blow over...

Career suicide? On the contrary she's a role model and hero (or is it shero?) to the left. I wouldn't be surprised if she already has a million $$ book deal. Remember, she was only suspended by AB Inbev for about 3 months before they officially canned her sorry Ivy League ass. They thought this would all blow over...
True, but there is some hope. I'm seeing more and more liberals that are getting tired of it. Watch Bill Maher for example, hardcore leftie, and even he's started talking **** about the woke left and how tired he's getting of it. Same with some others. I'm hoping it becomes a common trend to see common sense come back.

True, but there is some hope. I'm seeing more and more liberals that are getting tired of it. Watch Bill Maher for example, hardcore leftie, and even he's started talking **** about the woke left and how tired he's getting of it. Same with some others. I'm hoping it becomes a common trend to see common sense come back.
Yes, there is some hope for some normies who realize they're getting screwed by the left, but the true psychopaths like Maher, don't kid yourself, talk a good game, but he'd sooner cut off his own balls than vote for someone other than a democrat.

Quote of the week from the psychopath of the week Mark Cuban: "I'd vote for joe biden even if they were giving him last rites". These are the freaks we're dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom