• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotgun At READY position?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Just got this article e-mailed to me from ArmsCor, touting their combat shotguns (both pump and semi-autos) for home defense.
They talk about women using them, and some models being available in 20 gauge rather than 12.

Here's a pic they featured at the very beginning of their article.

Who else thinks this is an awkward way to hold a shotgun (a conventional shotgun with a butt stock)?

Who else thinks that this lady could NOT quickly shoulder it and put rounds into a target with it (especially a set of 2 or 3 shots in rapid succession?)

mail

It looks like the photo depicts here clearing a room or otherwise inspecting part of her home for the presence of bad guys, because she heard something that indicates a burglar or home invader is in, or about to come into, her home.

Who else thinks that this lady could NOT quickly shoulder it and put rounds into a target with it (especially a set of 2 or 3 shots in rapid succession?)
I don't know man, women are crazy and all hopped up on adrenaline at end of hall distances I wouldn't want to be the one to test out that theory. :lol:

images

Well, apparently the USCCA has a training video (membership required to actually watch it) that shows THIS
as one of the approved ways to make a shotgun "ready" for action.
This isn't quite what the woman shown in ArmsCor's article is doing, but it's close.

I would argue that it's not truly about representing a "ready" position as it is to showcase and market their product, which is the gun itself.

That pic gives you scale size of it compared to the potential end-user, the features almost all visible, and markets it to the female demographic. Which, of course, is the group they are less successful with and therefore might generate additional sales since dudes don't need much coercing to buy a gun lol

I would not "push my luck" with the woman holding any gun --even a North American Arms mini revolver!
AB20F01C-44C6-4329-819B-E8A2C557BF72.jpeg

That doesn't mean her choice of gun is wise!

And while an Armscor combat shotgun may be a good tool for home defense generally, that's only true if the lady has proper training and can wield it effectively.

Looks like a staged photo, where they want the gun and the woman framed just so, and has nothing to do with actual tactics. Unless they are specifically using THAT picture as an example to show a Ready position.

I “modeled” several holsters for a Sickinger catalogue for European sales years ago. They wanted me posed like “this”……and the gun like “so”. On the first one, I pointed out that what they wanted me to do wasn’t the right way to do it, but they didn’t care. So, I went with the flow for the rest of it.

The more I look at OP’s pic, the LESS I find wrong with it. It looks like it could be an adaptation of the position that I teach when trying to use a shotgun in certain situations where it’s too long.

The muzzle is down, where it is not obstructing her view.

The stock being tucked back behind the bicep shortens the overall length of what looks like a long shotgun for the task at hand.

When you find a threat, the shotgun is pushed forward as the muzzle is brought up. Buttstock slides neatly into the pocket of the shoulder. Works like a champ.

Viola.

Folks need to take more training from knowledgeable folks.

Back
Top Bottom