• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shotgun barrel cut and re threaded

Smoky, was thinking the same thing myself just today...I went to Remington's website to price a replacement barrel. I wouldn't mind keeping the one on my 1100 now - might need it one day, you know, zombies and all...anyway, I could only find an old price list. Threaded barrels w/screw in chokes for mine were less than $250 in 2008...I'll call the repair center Monday and get an up to date price. Have no idea how that compares to what these gunsmiths will charge but I'll update you next week if you're interested. I'd be interested to hear what kind of price quotes you get. Don't know how these guys would feel about publicizing their pricing; you can pm me if need be. I have no problem posting Remington's prices here.

Remington use to offer a 20" barrel with rifle sights and screw in chokes. Even offered it in camo that was sold as a turkey barrel. they looked like these

pics.gunbroker.com_GB_276106000_276106979_pix748863848.jpg

pics.gunbroker.com_GB_274899000_274899512_pix032332975.jpg

Also I don'r understand why just a barrel cost almost as much as the whole dang gun!!!!

Deercreek only does Winchester chokes as that covers other makers guns who use that thread pattern. Remmy is the only one who uses Remmy choke threads. You'd think that as popular as the Remington line is DC would also carry those thread cutters as well. Seems like cutting your nose off despite your face with them in the smith business. Nice people but that one makes me:confused:

I can cut the barrel my self but I figure a smith would rather do both.

Share all the pricing you find.

Thanks
Smoky

Back
Top Bottom