Should I trade All matching Winchester carbine for 1943 Colt 1911?

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
I posted on a Carbine Group on Facebook asking if anyone would be interested in trading their IBM for my Winchester.
It is all matching and I'd estimate could bring $1,200 if I sold it. I have another Winchester but a mixmaster in the safe,

One guy mentioned that he'd have no heartburn dropping $1200 on that. He asked if I had any interest in a 1943 Colt G.I. 1911A1? He was thinking about letting that go for a good trade or maybe sell it on Gunbroker. I checked his Facebook page and he seems legit.

So with the CMP planning to sell Rack Grades at $1,000, and me seeing Colt's like his for around $1,200 what do you guys think?

I'm leaning toward trading because I have the other Winchester in the safe although not all Winchester parts which knowing how carbines were repaired and rearsenaled is OK with me. It has the early barrel band without bayonet lug and is in great shape.
WRA SG (2).JPG
WRA SG (4).JPG
WRA SG (22).JPG
WRA SG (23).JPG
WRA SG (24).JPG

Does it come with a firing pin?

Or is it tradition to post pics with the firing pin and pin stop removed but the extractor installed?

Sounds like a reasonable trade to me but I'd be wary of trading something that I've never seen in person. That's just me I guess.

Does it come with a firing pin?

Or is it tradition to post pics with the firing pin and pin stop removed but the extractor installed?

Sounds like a reasonable trade to me but I'd be wary of trading something that I've never seen in person. That's just me I guess.

Good observation, I'll definitely check! THANKS

Looks like about even trade to me! I would say which ever you would rather have in collection! I'd have to flip a coin and really have to put lot of thought so I wouldn't want some one kick me down the road!

Back
Top Bottom