Should I trade All matching Winchester carbine for 1943 Colt 1911?

Looks like about even trade to me! I would say which ever you would rather have in collection! I'd have to flip a coin and really have to put lot of thought so I wouldn't want some one kick me down the road!

Thanks, since I have several carbines including a Winchester if the firing pin, spring and stop are included I will trade.

I have a 1945 Remington Rand 1911A1 that I may sell if I get the Colt.

I know little about these things (Colts) but I have seen other 1911A1s from the same time period that were serial numbered on the slide, underneath the firing pin stop. The example pictured above seems a Liz Taylor to me (marriage and not a good one). The parts may have been together for some time but the overall appearance looks too evenly "scrubbed", like with a Scotch pad. I do not often see such even wear patterns on handguns. Yours (the Winchester) seems the better of the two articles. I think you could do better.

I know little about these things (Colts) but I have seen other 1911A1s from the same time period that were serial numbered on the slide, underneath the firing pin stop. The example pictured above seems a Liz Taylor to me (marriage and not a good one). The parts may have been together for some time but the overall appearance looks too evenly "scrubbed", like with a Scotch pad. I do not often see such even wear patterns on handguns. Yours (the Winchester) seems the better of the two articles. I think you could do better.

Wow a wide range of opinions. I have another friend who will look at the pictures tonight and he is a Subject Matter Expert.

Here is what I got from another ODT member:
That is correct all the way down to the Barrel.
If somebody corrected this one they did a hell of a job as the patina matches.
I say good Trade go for it.

we'll I'd look to the future myself. the 1911's we know more will be hitting the market and they have said around 1000 for rack grade but maybe not much more for nicer ones who knows but there will be more regardless. I doubt there will ever be many more Winchester carbines hitting the market so I would see one of the items as much harder to replace. Personally I'd keep the carbine

we'll I'd look to the future myself. the 1911's we know more will be hitting the market and they have said around 1000 for rack grade but maybe not much more for nicer ones who knows but there will be more regardless. I doubt there will ever be many more Winchester carbines hitting the market so I would see one of the items as much harder to replace. Personally I'd keep the carbine

Thanks, This is a VERY tough decision. I have one very knowledgeable friend who says YES and another who agrees with you that the Winchester is a much better weapon.

I'll let my son, a Junior in UGA and my collecting partner make the call. They will eventually be his anyway!

Back
Top Bottom