Should I trade All matching Winchester carbine for 1943 Colt 1911?

The more I think about it, the more I am glad it is not my decision to make. I love carbines, love 1911s. I think the 1911 might get a slight nod for me due to crossover with both milsurp collectors and insane Colt collectors.

The more I think about it, the more I am glad it is not my decision to make. I love carbines, love 1911s. I think the 1911 might get a slight nod for me due to crossover with both milsurp collectors and insane Colt collectors.

Would be a no brainer if I didn't have a WWII 1911A1.

I have a Remington rand in the safe but it was re-parked.

This is a cut the baby in half/Lady or the Tiger call! :confused:

The carbine looks to be in better condition overall compared to the pistol. The CMP looks to be handling the sale of at least 10,000 units of 1911s during the "trail period" and if they are successful (i.e., no reports of thugs gunning down grannies in the streets with the CMP 45s), there'll be about 90,000 more. I can't recall reading about an additional 100,000 M1 Carbines coming from anywhere. I still think you should keep the carbine.

I would be all over that 1911.. but I'm a 1911 guy and don't care for carbines.. Now if it were a Garand that would be another story..

But I really cant own a nice piece of history like that because I would shoot it.. a lot. I cant own a gun I don't enjoy, and I describe enjoyment as ringing targets :)

Do not worry about dollar value, using the USD as a measure of value is like using a rubber/elastic tape rule to measure length. If you like it after reasonable prudence, I say trade away.

Back
Top Bottom