• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Should Savannah ban horse-drawn carriages?

Should Savannah ban horse-drawn carriages?

• yes; It's a tradition of cruelty

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No; it's a historic tradition

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Taco

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
I lived in central PA for over 12 years, right in the middle of the Amish. I can't count the times I was stuck in traffic behind a horse and buggy for miles with no safe way to pass, just creeping along waiting for them to turn off onto a farm lane.
Coming back from church one Sunday AM my kids got to witness a horse get spooked and run across three lanes of traffic into the path of a pickup truck. We stopped to see if we could help and luckily no one in the buggy was seriously injured but we left before the vet got there to determine if the horse could be saved or would be put down.
My kids talked about the way that horse screamed and the look in it's eyes for years. Having grown up around horses I was surprised at how badly the Amish treated their animals. I got that it was their culture but I refused to take a horse and buggy tour when we had relatives visit.

I hate the horse-drawn carriages and pretty much all the tourist traffic and hipster trash that floods downtown Savannah. Pretty much why I go down there as little as possible and moved out of the city 7 years ago. But I'm not really for a new law to take away people's rights to earn a living either.

Back
Top Bottom