• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shout out to captdave77

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
I want to recognize captdave77 and give a big thank you , credit where credit is definitely due! A couple weeks ago I contracted Dave's services for my daughter's air conditioning...just a spring check up, tune up and filter change. Since the filter was under the house in a crawl space and I'm as fat as a golden goose, I couldn't/wouldn't dare try to do this crawl space I had done many times in my younger, skinnier, less broken down years when we as a family all lived in this house. (My daughter now resides there and my wife and I live in Marietta area nearer to my mom)
Dave came out, done a fine job...charged a very fair fee....but that's not what this is about. Several nights ago my girl woke up to the a.c. giving fits, not cooling, etc., she calls me and I in turn call Dave. He is booked solid til the following day so I go to look at the thing. I am somewhat mechanically inclined and figured I couldn't do any further harm....but turns out that this unit has multiple problems, one of which most prominent was the outside fan motor has gone bad and was needing replacement, along with the capacitor. Dave tells me if I wanted to take this on it wasn't hard....walks me thru the basics...enough to know what and where to go to get what I need. When I return, the motor was of a slightly different wire set up and design...me not being EXACTLY sure as to where the other wires would go, Dave takes it on to tell me what to do and takes my calls EVERYTIME I had a stupid question(there were a few) ! Knowing he was busy as heck, and getting sick and tired of me calling...he still does everything he can to help me over the phone with absolutely no hint of annoyance, disrespect, or disdain for someone burning his time and professional know how !!
Long story longer...the unit needs much more than what first aid I could give it. Short on funds and waiting on possibly an equity line for my baby girl to get what money she needs....Dave still has the professionalism to offer to come look, for free, and make sure that the coil under the house is actually shot...I didn't want to waste his time further as we were almost certain it was gone. He works to give me a possible estimate, of considerable discount at that, over the phone so I would have an idea of the cost of the repair needed. We have yet to pull the trigger on the repair but you can bet he will be the man for the job if/when she is ready for it!
Good customer service goes a long way in today's world, Dave has gone above and beyond what any other company would have for me...I just wanted to put it out there.
There is a lot to this house/daughter thing that would take way more to explain than anyone really needs to know...but I will say she is learning how to handle the expense of unexpected repairs of a home owner.
Thank you CaptDave...you are a good man in my book! :thumb:

Last edited:
My neighbor has used capt daves services and highly recommends him.

I use the fine Captains services as well and anybody on here that doesn't is a fool. Dave is a great dude and takes care of his own. I've known the guy about a year and have become fast friends with him because of the content of his character and the heartiness in his demeanor. I am pretty easy to get along with and so is Dave. You'll actually enjoy hiring Dave to do your AC work and you will not require a kiss when he is done. (although one may be offered.) Dave should have his own emoticon. It would represent something like :haha im just kidding,but seriously, **** you:

If you have a problem with you A/C and don't call Capt Dave, your A/C is not the only problem you have.

Yep, Capt Dave is good people. Both in professional HVAC services and in gun trades. I'd suggest him to anyone needing HVAC services every time.

I think captdave77 is a pretty cool guy. Eh fixes lots of air condishunerz and doesn't afraid of anything.

Back
Top Bottom