• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Show off your favorite AK/AKs

Deer slaying Vector

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_IMG_0940_zps7036d10f.jpg

Krebs KTR-08

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_Krebs_KTR_08_zpsbb40a9f1.jpg

Draco SBR

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_Draco_new3_zpsfa592e8a.jpg

I'm considering hunting with an AK this season. What kind of optic are you using? Is that an Aimpoint? I love this pic...That's a very nice buck. He's full grown and man, those brows and that drop tine!

I'm considering hunting with an AK this season. What kind of optic are you using? Is that an Aimpoint? I love this pic...That's a very nice buck. He's full grown and man, those brows and that drop tine!

An Aimpoint T1. I use that AK when I'm hunting the thick stuff, which is most of the time, and it's been 100%.

And that deer was a fun one. He popped out from the bushes with only the front top 1/2 of his body showing, and it was about 10 minutes before the end of legal light. I was already pointed in that direction so I pulled the trigger almost immediately. He made it about 20 yards. He was an old fighter, and he had about a foot long gash on his back from fighting during the rut.

Reactions: MRH
An Aimpoint T1. I use that AK when I'm hunting the thick stuff, which is most of the time, and it's been 100%.

And that deer was a fun one. He popped out from the bushes with only the front top 1/2 of his body showing, and it was about 10 minutes before the end of legal light. I was already pointed in that direction so I pulled the trigger almost immediately. He made it about 20 yards. He was an old fighter, and he had about a foot long gash on his back from fighting during the rut.

I remember that nasty looking gash. He's a beauty and has tons of character. He was probably sticking his nose out of the brush just to glance around checking for does. His neck was swollen. He appears to have been in rut.

All of my land is thick hardwoods, with 100 yards being the longest shot available, unless I'm on one of the interior roads. Even then most shots will not be farther than 100 yards. Most of my shots will be 50 yards and closer. Are you using HP's or FMJ's? Sorry for all the questions. One of my friends took a nice 200+ pound buck shooting a 123 grain Wolf HP...He was using an SKS. 7.62x39 is certainly adequate for deer in Georgia. I have never hunted with one, though..

I remember that nasty looking gash. He's a beauty and has tons of character. He was probably sticking his nose out of the brush just to glance around checking for does. His neck was swollen. He appears to have been in rut.

All of my land is thick hardwoods, with 100 yards being the longest shot available, unless I'm on one of the interior roads. Even then most shots will not be farther than 100 yards. Most of my shots will be 50 yards and closer. Are you using HP's or FMJ's? Sorry for all the questions. One of my friends took a nice 200+ pound buck shooting a 123 grain Wolf HP...He was using an SKS. 7.62x39 is certainly adequate for deer in Georgia. I have never hunted with one, though..

123 gr HP - either Wolf MC or Federal Fusion. My longest shot is about 100 yards as well, but most shots are under 50 yards. He weighed in right at 200 lbs as well.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom