• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show off your trophies, but you have to tell the story, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I totally stole this from another thread, but I think most folks missed the add on and I want to hear the stories that go along with the trophy.

View attachment 1401014

Hunted hard for this guy in Zimbabwe for the better part of a week and had many close encounters with other Buff before taking him.

Hit him behind the shoulder with a 300 grain Swift A-Frame out of a 375 RUM with a muzzle velocity of over 2900fps. It annoyed him. About 10 minutes later I hit him again in almost the same spot with a 300 grain Barnes Solid. That one kind of pissed him off. A couple of minutes later I hit him at a sharp angle near the top of his right shoulder and it angled all the way back and down stopping in his left hip. That one finally put him down. That's over 15,000 foot pounds of energy before he went down. These are some very tough animals.
This is awesome. Model 70?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, I totally stole this from another thread, but I think most folks missed the add on and I want to hear the stories that go along with the trophy.

View attachment 1401014

Hunted hard for this guy in Zimbabwe for the better part of a week and had many close encounters with other Buff before taking him.

Hit him behind the shoulder with a 300 grain Swift A-Frame out of a 375 RUM with a muzzle velocity of over 2900fps. It annoyed him. About 10 minutes later I hit him again in almost the same spot with a 300 grain Barnes Solid. That one kind of pissed him off. A couple of minutes later I hit him at a sharp angle near the top of his right shoulder and it angled all the way back and down stopping in his left hip. That one finally put him down. That's over 15,000 foot pounds of energy before he went down. These are some very tough animals.
That's badass, how big was he? Many years ago somebody turned me on to the book "Black Death", I'd just about bet you've read it too. But the stories in that book made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and gave me goose bumps.

View attachment 1409966

I spent 4 weeks swerving my truck at this guy. He got the better of me for 27 days. In the end my ford got him. Totaled my truck but it was well worth it........sorry bear. I had to. The bar was to high for the rest of us.
Show off, Smdh.....

LMAO!!!

Guys, this is not meant as a competition and I'm sorry that some have taken it that way.

Come on, post up the ones you're proud of. We all want to see them and hear the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom