• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show us your American War Horses!

So I met a Reservist fiend of mine and Will4me at CMP today and as always it was a blast. After getting the wife mad and spending a couple hours trying to figure out which 03 to buy I finally got one!

Of course Will4me,2ereacher, and everyone else at CMP talked me into buying a bayonet too.....

Now for pics:
View attachment 297899View attachment 297900View attachment 297901View attachment 297902

NICE! Glad you got one. Wish I would have been there but I'm always too tempted to buy something. Think I'll wait till just before Labor Day or Thanksgiving. Seems they always have a Holiday surprise there.

So I met a Reservist fiend of mine and Will4me at CMP today and as always it was a blast. After getting the wife mad and spending a couple hours trying to figure out which 03 to buy I finally got one!

Of course Will4me,2ereacher, and everyone else at CMP talked me into buying a bayonet too.....

Now for pics:
View attachment 297899View attachment 297900View attachment 297901View attachment 297902

Shemp,
you would have been mad if you did not get that Bayonet and you know it LMAO.
Now that you have it at home and in the light That is a Super nice Keeper (love the pictures).
I still love that stock it looks Awesome.
Was Great to meet you and your friend today and I had a great time picking out a new M1D Stock.
You know the rifle I bought had a M1D stock on it that is why I bought it lol, the stock is worth a lot and my son needs it for his M1D Build.

Both my M1 Garand and M1 Carbine I use to have a 1903 Mark1 and a Winchester M1917 but I sold them both.
M1 Carbine #1.jpgM1 Carbine #2.jpgM1 Garand #1.jpgM1 Garand #2.jpg

Shemp,
you would have been mad if you did not get that Bayonet and you know it LMAO.
Now that you have it at home and in the light That is a Super nice Keeper (love the pictures).
I still love that stock it looks Awesome.
Was Great to meet you and your friend today and I had a great time picking out a new M1D Stock.
You know the rifle I bought had a M1D stock on it that is why I bought it lol, the stock is worth a lot and my son needs it for his M1D Build.

It was great finally meeting the master! I was wondering why you had a death grip on that M1...

You're right. I would have regreted not getting that bayonet...Now I need a scabard for it!

Eddystone and Carbine next...

It was great finally meeting the master! I was wondering why you had a death grip on that M1...

You're right. I would have regreted not getting that bayonet...Now I need a scabard for it!

Eddystone and Carbine next...

And now it begins the C&R bug welcome to the Madness!

See what I traded into its an Inland M1 Carbine made in 1943.
Just look at pictures:
Got this for 600.00 (what I had in traded rifle).

i58.tinypic.com_x40som.jpg

i60.tinypic.com_15fi3q9.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_au8sah.jpg

Ordnance wheel very light but there
i61.tinypic.com_2gsfsdi.jpg

August 1943 Inland General Motors barrel
i60.tinypic.com_11rrozo.jpg

i57.tinypic.com_21dg02a.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_21crs0l.jpg

My latest find, Krag Jorgenson, the only down side is ammo is expensive $1.65 a round. I have 100 coming from Gunbroker. If anyone knows where I can find cheaper, let me know. Can't wait to take it to the range!
Krag1.jpgKrag3.jpgKrag15.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom