• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shtf perscriptions

OSSAHATCHIE

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
What plans do you members that are on painkillers, perscribed by a doctor plan to do about getting your scpipts refilled. The reason i ask is i was on painkillers for 12 years and after the hurricane hit new orleans our church helped some people that had fled to georgia. A couple of them had to try to get more medcine and few doctors would write a perscription without their medical records,( that were left behind).you cannot get refills on some painkillers, you have to go to the doctor every mounth.this is why i got off of them after 12 years. Also the same for blood pressure, and oxygen bottles. I would think that the pharmacys would be the frist to be looted if the shtf.

I am neither condoning nor recommending this but it is an option/answer to your question...

Order them in bulk from an overseas no scrip pharmacy?

Well, the most obvious answer, although perhaps not the most helpful, is to do whatever you can to get yourself off any and all medications you're on. I realize that's not always possible. However, the effort should be made. Many people could, for example, get off blood pressure and cholesterol medications by eating right and exercising. Not all, but many. And any effort you make in that direction would be beneficial, anyway, even if you couldn't totally get off your meds. Same with diabetes medication...some, but not all, could cut out or cut back their diabetes meds by the same method.

Also, consider this...with many of those medications, you are not treating acutely life threatening conditions. They are chronic conditions that will cut years off the end of your life, right? Well, in a truly catastrophic SHTF scenario, your survival efforts are going to be more day to day, week to week...not looking years and years into the future. So in that sense, I think the importance of certain medications is going to be really pushed to the back burner.

As for pain meds, people survived for thousands and thousands of years without access to our modern pain management strategies. Yes, life sucked for them a lot of times. But, again, in a true SHTF situation, life is going to suck, anyway, and lack of access to percocet is just one more reason why. Maybe you could look into growing some poppies and doing it the old fashioned way...people have utilized opiates for thousands of years as a pain remedy...long before morphine and Oxycontin were invented, people smoked opium and chewed the resin to find relief...

The not-so-nice answer to all this, of course, is that if you're one of those people with a med list as long as your arm, in a really bad SHTF, you're probably not going to live long enough for it to really be a problem, anyway.

Well, the most obvious answer, although perhaps not the most helpful, is to do whatever you can to get yourself off any and all medications you're on. I realize that's not always possible. However, the effort should be made. Many people could, for example, get off blood pressure and cholesterol medications by eating right and exercising. Not all, but many. And any effort you make in that direction would be beneficial, anyway, even if you couldn't totally get off your meds. Same with diabetes medication...some, but not all, could cut out or cut back their diabetes meds by the same method.

Also, consider this...with many of those medications, you are not treating acutely life threatening conditions. They are chronic conditions that will cut years off the end of your life, right? Well, in a truly catastrophic SHTF scenario, your survival efforts are going to be more day to day, week to week...not looking years and years into the future. So in that sense, I think the importance of certain medications is going to be really pushed to the back burner.

As for pain meds, people survived for thousands and thousands of years without access to our modern pain management strategies. Yes, life sucked for them a lot of times. But, again, in a true SHTF situation, life is going to suck, anyway, and lack of access to percocet is just one more reason why. Maybe you could look into growing some poppies and doing it the old fashioned way...people have utilized opiates for thousands of years as a pain remedy...long before morphine and Oxycontin were invented, people smoked opium and chewed the resin to find relief...

The not-so-nice answer to all this, of course, is that if you're one of those people with a med list as long as your arm, in a really bad SHTF, you're probably not going to live long enough for it to really be a problem, anyway.

Best Answer Ever...

I was thinking Whiskey....

Outdoorsman

Back
Top Bottom