• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF & wives, girls, .......

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
*I'm 57yrs old & still stay cocked & lock as I ever was when I was 19. I've never spooked easily but my hearing in the past couple of yrs has taken a nose dive. Sense this has happened my wife & people in general are able to come up on me without me hearing them, (out of my sight as it is still very good 20/15) and instinctively I take a defensive stance, fists closed & cocked. Has happened at church and at school (I'm an ISS/ Alternative school instructor). I don't scream like a girl or make ant sort of noise.
**Having said all this, my wife is easily spooked and lets out a ear piercing noise every time she's spooked. Any suggestions on how to break her of this. If and when the SHTF I can't have her doing this if quite is a matter of survival. Funny thing is she's has a black belt in taekwondo and she can and will fight.

I won't say it's strictly a girl thing because I've seen a few guys scream like bitches but my wife is the same way. I have to purposely be extra loud to avoid a 1000 decibel scream and 5 minutes of her calming herself down. I honestly think its a genetic thing whether you're a man or woman and there's no getting past it without some Jason Bourne style mental programming.

My wife is just the opposite and it's a joke between us.

You spook my wife and she makes a tiny little "Eh" sound, it's so pitiful we both laugh at it.
I've been working for years to try and get her to scream loud enough, so someone knows she needs help.

I learned something in the Corps worth remembering along these lines.
When spooked there's two kinds of people, one draws inward and pulls their arms closer to their body, the other expands.
Those that expand will accidentally kick you or punch you and can't stop themselves even if they know it's you, it's a reflex action.

So careful who you spook. :becky:

My wife is just the opposite and it's a joke between us.

You spook my wife and she makes a tiny little "Eh" sound, it's so pitiful we both laugh at it.
I've been working for years to try and get her to scream loud enough, so someone knows she needs help.

I learned something in the Corps worth remembering along these lines.
When spooked there's two kinds of people, one draws inward and pulls their arms closer to their body, the other expands.
Those that expand will accidentally kick you or punch you and can't stop themselves even if they know it's you, it's a reflex action.

So careful who you spook. :becky:
For example Ferris Beuhler's sister beating the crap out of Mr. Rooney.

Back
Top Bottom