• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sick sick girl. Prayers needed!

Copied from the Rana Strong Facebook page, her mother writes:

9/30/15 AM - Doctors rounds resulted in changing Rana's vent settings to a more even pressured control and she has stayed 90-93 since.

Today was the first time the hospital chaplains joined the rounds. After rounds, they joined hands with us around Rana's bed and prayed for her. She nodded to affirm she was ready, if God wanted to call her home, and then she wrote on the whiteboard, "Am I dying?"
Doctors told her she is still very critical, but fighting hard and not dying. She nodded okay before she peacefully went back to sleep.

We Praise Him! The new doctors I talked about last week reported nothing new has shown in the labs they had ordered, so it's agreed Rana remains critically sick from Ulcerative colitis and CMV pneumonitis. Her body needs time to heal while her team of doctors continue to do all they can to help her. They told me they have other arsenals and tools to use in this fight, if it becomes necessary.

We know without doubt, God is in control and using these doctors and caregivers to deliver Rana's miracle. My family and I asked for your continued prayers to let God know our hearts desire for healing. We know all things are possible, and we believe if the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain, God is able to move those before Rana one stone at a time. Hallelujah! He is worthy! He is our comfort, peace, and hope as we continue to walk with Rana on this journey.

On a happy note, is Rana not the bravest hardest working minion you've ever known for God, while she waits on her miracle? The blanket is her sweet friend Rebekah Mozingo's and the hat is a gift (along with several other styles) from Pat Lake-Guffey aka The Hat Lady. ❤️

Copied from the Rana Strong Facebook page, her mother writes:

9/30/15 AM - Doctors rounds resulted in changing Rana's vent settings to a more even pressured control and she has stayed 90-93 since.

Today was the first time the hospital chaplains joined the rounds. After rounds, they joined hands with us around Rana's bed and prayed for her. She nodded to affirm she was ready, if God wanted to call her home, and then she wrote on the whiteboard, "Am I dying?"
Doctors told her she is still very critical, but fighting hard and not dying. She nodded okay before she peacefully went back to sleep.

We Praise Him! The new doctors I talked about last week reported nothing new has shown in the labs they had ordered, so it's agreed Rana remains critically sick from Ulcerative colitis and CMV pneumonitis. Her body needs time to heal while her team of doctors continue to do all they can to help her. They told me they have other arsenals and tools to use in this fight, if it becomes necessary.

We know without doubt, God is in control and using these doctors and caregivers to deliver Rana's miracle. My family and I asked for your continued prayers to let God know our hearts desire for healing. We know all things are possible, and we believe if the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain, God is able to move those before Rana one stone at a time. Hallelujah! He is worthy! He is our comfort, peace, and hope as we continue to walk with Rana on this journey.

On a happy note, is Rana not the bravest hardest working minion you've ever known for God, while she waits on her miracle? The blanket is her sweet friend Rebekah Mozingo's and the hat is a gift (along with several other styles) from Pat Lake-Guffey aka The Hat Lady. ❤️

I pray for her continued battle against this disease. Glad to hear a little hope has shown it hand

I sure can. If you have Facebook her mother updates the page about twice a day. I understand some of you don't have Facebook so I will do my best on keeping everyone updated.
I don't do Facebook. But I will do prayers.
Thx for keeping us in the loop.

Today wasn't a good day, maybe the worst yet. They had to do an emergency surgery to do a EMCO, basically they hooked tubes up to her Aorta to better the flow of blood to help her heal better and take some of the pressure of her lungs. She's just not healing like she should since her immune system is under such stress and attack.

TODAYS UPDATES FROM Rana's MOTHER:

Rana went into the OR for surgery an hour ago. She is critical. God has not left us and she and I both know His plan is the perfect plan. She told me she loved me and I squeezed her tightly, telling her we all love her. She asked the doctors to try again to save her and to fight hard for her this morning.

She was not afraid. The official start time of surgery was 2:31 pm. Please keep praying. John Paul from our church is with me. ❤️

God is not finished with my girl! If you don't believe in God, please read Rana's story. The ECMO went well and she is stable and resting. Photos are graphic, but God is so good!!!! Praise Him with me for all he continues to do for her!

image.jpeg

As a father of a 2 year old and another in the next 2 weeks I will be sending prayers from my entire family. All of God's children are worthy of our prayers.

I can't imagine the strength of this young lady's will. A humbling example of strength, tenacity, and love of life to all of us who struggle to go to the gym let alone fight for our lives.

BlackRifler42 BlackRifler42 , cab we get an update? Please?

She's doing a little better. Here's the update this morning from her mother:

Friday, 10/9/15 AM - First, Happy Birthday to my favorite little ginger, Maddy. Rana and I miss you sweet girl and we love you bunches!

Doctors rounds went well and all vitals remain stable. Things are mostly the same, except Rana's sedation drips are being tweaked down very slightly. Also, the ventilator shows Rana is triggering more breaths herself, so her title volumes (for my medical friends) are very slowly increasing. Physical therapy came to exercise her upper limbs and shoulders.

"The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe." ~ Proverbs 29:25

Enjoy your weekend!

Back
Top Bottom