• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sick sick girl. Prayers needed!

Update from Rana's mother:

Monday, 10/12/15 AM - During the past evening, Rana rested fairly well, but sedations were increased because she continues to work hard in breathing over the vent. At one point in the night, one of the doctors said, "Wow, I'm impressed! She's determined to do things herself, even with ECMO!"

Rana's determination and perseverance is no different from when I've seen her press through difficult times in everything from athletics, friendships, dating breakups, homework crisis, family loss, emotional stress, physical challenges, etc. Her ability to overcome hardships with grace and diplomacy is remarkable. It's no wonder, she's loved so much by her new medical families here at CCH and TC Thompson Children's Hospital at home.

Today's plan includes a fourth bronchial scope to wash and vacuum thick mucus from her lungs. Ideally, it would be better to wait a few more days to allow her lungs to rest longer, but Rana will be able to achieve greater aeration after the scope since she insists on breathing herself. She's on antibiotics to fight infection, but the mucus is like a festering pot of germs. Please pray this procedure goes well.

Also, kidney dialysis will begin this morning to help rid her blood of toxins while her kidneys are sick. This will be accomplished through the ECMO system, so Rana won't even notice. It's probable, and doctors are hopeful, her kidneys will recover as she continues to heal.

"HE orders His angels to protect you wherever you go." ~ Psalms 91:11

Just prayed for Rana. Have been there, but with my wife, not a child. She was in an induced coma for 2 wks yrs ago. Dr's couldn't figure out what was the problem. They even called in the CDC. They couldn't figure it out, either. She survived and is well today. Doctors finally decided to call it one of the worst cases of double pneumonia they'd seen in a long time.

If you haven't already PLEASE keep this beautiful young lady in your prayers. For those of us that have been praying for her PLEASE continue to do so!

Update from her mother a day ago.
"It's another day to be grateful Rana is fighting hard. She's incredible! She had no significant changes overnight, and things are expected to remain status quo today. She is stable and resting comfortably."

"Thank you, everyone, for lifting us in your prayers. You keep our spirits high and warm our hearts. Also, thank you to those who have sent cards, letters, notes, messages, gift boxes, gift cards, and donations. Your support means more than I could ever explain. I have tried to stay on top of returning thank you notes, but if I have missed anyone, please know I do appreciate you. Although it has not been possible to reply to every single message, FB comment, and text, please know I read every one. My heart weeps with gratitude! We love you all! ❤️"

Lord Jesus Christ, Good Shepherd of the sheep, you gather the lambs in your arms and carry them in your bosom. I commend to your loving care this beautiful child Rana. Relieve her pain, guard her from all danger, restore to her your gifts of gladness and strength, and raise her up to a life of service to you. In Jesus Most Holy Precious Name I pray. Amen

Update from Rana's mother:

Monday, 10/12/15 AM - During the past evening, Rana rested fairly well, but sedations were increased because she continues to work hard in breathing over the vent. At one point in the night, one of the doctors said, "Wow, I'm impressed! She's determined to do things herself, even with ECMO!"

Rana's determination and perseverance is no different from when I've seen her press through difficult times in everything from athletics, friendships, dating breakups, homework crisis, family loss, emotional stress, physical challenges, etc. Her ability to overcome hardships with grace and diplomacy is remarkable. It's no wonder, she's loved so much by her new medical families here at CCH and TC Thompson Children's Hospital at home.

Today's plan includes a fourth bronchial scope to wash and vacuum thick mucus from her lungs. Ideally, it would be better to wait a few more days to allow her lungs to rest longer, but Rana will be able to achieve greater aeration after the scope since she insists on breathing herself. She's on antibiotics to fight infection, but the mucus is like a festering pot of germs. Please pray this procedure goes well.

Also, kidney dialysis will begin this morning to help rid her blood of toxins while her kidneys are sick. This will be accomplished through the ECMO system, so Rana won't even notice. It's probable, and doctors are hopeful, her kidneys will recover as she continues to heal.

"HE orders His angels to protect you wherever you go." ~ Psalms 91:11

You are in our prayers and will go before the throne of God til shes well again.
May the God of all comfort comfort you and your family thru this and give you grace to face the days ahead.

Back
Top Bottom