• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig 239 trigger reset problems

chromedome82

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you ladies and gents have ever had a problem with your Sig trigger not reseting it's self. I have a p239 with SRT (pretty sure it's aftermarket) that tends to not reset after every 3 to 4 shots. Also when using the decocker it fails as well. I've tried to make sure that I'm pressing the decocker hard enough every time but it still tends to give me a dead trigger a lot of the time. I called Sig about getting it looked over but they want $214 to break it down, check it out and install a new SRT. Anybody have this issue before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

A friend had a P229 Elite with factory installed SRT that malfunctioned about every 15~20 rds. All SRT is modified sear and longer safety lever to shorten the reset. If you know how to detail strip the frame, remove sear and safety lever and deburr and polish contact (side) surfaces.
Two of the seven classic P-series I own came with SRT and I promptly replaced them with normal trigger.

FYI, I'm not an armorer or gunsmith. Just someone who spends 5 days a week measuring and assemble parts to 0.001" +/- tolerance at loose end.

I meant to mention that safety lever is very thin. This is not a task for power tool...

Because the SRT safety lever is longer, it takes more leverage to actuate it. Any burr or other imperfection(s) that cause it to drag/ bind will cause it to not disengage and allow trigger to reset.

Good news, I pulled the grips off to see if I could find anything obvious and it turns out it was the spring that is housed on the right side. I guess whomever installed the Hogue wrap arounds caused the spring to bind. I will be trying it out by the end of the day but from what I can tell it is fully functional now.

Did that fix it? I'm a SIG Armorer. I can look over what you've got and install a new SRT kit and sear pin if needs be.

Did that fix it? I'm a SIG Armorer. I can look over what you've got and install a new SRT kit and sear pin if needs be.
Yes sir. It looks like whoever installed the Hogue wrap arounds may have accidentally pinched the spring on the right side of the gun. It runs like a scolded dog now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom