Psilloh1

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
159   0
Reaction score

Alec Baldwin calling his lawyer….
Hey Hear me out here……

F788B736-D5E9-4936-B961-BF80BBD1D088.jpeg

Never really been a fan, just another company that sells overpriced firearms. While quality is excellent with older German models, not sure if I want one made is USA. I had a p226 NAVY while back, brand new. Was very excited, the damm rail inside off the frame chipped towards the end on the left side after firing standard 115 gr 9mm. 2 mags! POS .Sent it off for warranty work. They replaced it, second I got back home sold it off. Never since then owned another sig. my bother has 229, so far so good however slide to frame fit is beyond poor. Sounds and shakes like Mexican maracas every time you pick it up.

I got one of their first 1911 type guns. Sig called it a 1911R. It was a 4" commander with rail and night sights. A black gun with digital camo grips. Bought it new back in 07-08ish. I found out by mistake that it would fire without the grip safety depressed. I could not get over that and never sent it in for repair. I sold it shortly after as I lost all respect for it. I've had/have about a dozen 238s and never had a problem with those pocket pistols, but I would never buy a Sig 1911 remake ever again. I lost all confidence in their ability to make a 1911 after buying that brand new one with a faulty/non-functioning safety.

The article is just trying to spin something that's old news into backdoor gun control.

"Democrats in Congress have repeatedly tried to establish a regulatory authority with the power to investigate reports of defective firearms and require recalls. The charge has been led by Rep. Debbie Dingell, a Democrat from Michigan and widow of John D. Dingell, whose amendment created the exemption five decades ago. Her proposed legislation has never made it to the floor for a vote.

"People are dying,” she said, “and no one’s got oversight.”

Ironically, the article couldn't cite a death from the issue with the P320. I looked into this during C19 and there were several of the incidents where the holster was either the wrong one or made for another gun and used anyway. I suspect their lighter than average trigger pull makes it easier to get an accidental or unintended discharge. I'm not saying all of them are the end user's fault, as the one with the Philly officer who had been a firearms trainer in the Marines sounded like there may well have been an issue with the gun.

Any thoughts cmshoot cmshoot

The trigger issue that caused ADs was fixed via a recall some time ago - usually seen when a P320 was dropped muzzle-up (the momentum developed by the trigger in falling was great enough to overcome the spring resistance).

It looks these are failures claimed to have happened in different ways.

From what I can see (not having a WaPo subscription, but hunting down articles that talk about it) some of these at least could be down to routine 'something catching in the trigger guard'-type events. These kind of events are - fortunately - rare, but they're hardly restricted to SIG firearms.

As many of us know, there are lots of ways to **** up with a gun (like having to pull the trigger on one particular brand to take it down for cleaning) that lead to a number of accidents per year, often among our boys in blue.

I'm going to move the P320 to "potentially suspect" rather than "bad gun" for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom