• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig drop test fail (threads merged)

new army service pistol

• Glock 19/17

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • some newer 1911

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • M9a3

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • sig p229/p226

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 24 25.0%

• Total voters
M17 includes a manual safety. I don't know, nor do you likely, if there are other design elements that make it unaffected.

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/08/0...-unaffected-announces-voluntary-p320-upgrade/
More info. If M17 already had a changeorder to do a free upgraded trigger, per Sig's suggestion, it suggests they already knew of the problem.
According to this article SIG already changed M17 to the new trigger. They were taking their time to introduce changes to the civilian market. Sig knew of the problem and kept it under wraps.

He is completely denying there is an issue? Here is a brand new, never fired.

Bruce Gray is the foremost gunsmith for Sig upgrades. He has skin in the game, and a reputation to uphold. Its a strong claim, but his claim may be valid. I don't know. Like in politics, nothing is ever as it seems, ...or is it?!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

According to this article SIG already changed M17 to the new trigger. They were taking their time to introduce changes to the civilian market. Sig knew of the problem and kept it under wraps.

And there were 3 LEO and a civilian 'incident' documenting the problem... yet they were hoping to skate by?

How far is SIG HQ from Ilion NY? Are they hiring ex-Remington employees now?

Back
Top Bottom