• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SIG gets back in the precision bolt gun game with the Cross Rifle!

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I’m liking this one a lot, and was shocked at the expected street price of $1600. That’s a lot of gun for that price.

Will be available in .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, and the new .277 SIG Fury. SIG’s new, high pressure, hybrid-cased .277 SIG Fury cartridge was originally developed for the US Army’s Next Generation Squad Weapons program. SIG’s waiting on SAAMI approval for the .277 Fury and hopes to have it in time for the SHOT Show 2020. SIG is claiming 3000fps from a 16” barrel.

https://www.recoilweb.com/sig-sauer-cross-rifle-sig-returns-to-the-bolt-action-market-155231.html

Interesting. I'm mostly intrigued by the Sig Fury round. I wonder what it will do out of a 22" barrel. The . 270 Weatherby magnum sounds similar, but I've never heard of anyone shooting it out of a 16" barrel. Lol...Actually it looks like the 16" will only be offered in . 308, while the 18" - 20" models will be 6.5cm and Sig Fury. I'm also wondering about the bullet grains variances of the Fury caliber. I don't see it in the article.

Either way it looks like a very nice rifle.

Is there an actual guarantee of accuracy from Sig? My friends Sig 716 shot 5 inch groups with FGMM . He called Sig and sent the gun back. They returned his gun with a note that the accuracy was acceptable. He sold it and disclosed to the buyer the issues. He bought a Knights and solved the problem. Tp address the SIG I can get a $300 Thompson Center with a sub MOA guarantee. What does SIG offer at 5 times the price. Is this more made in India goodness ?

Interesting. I'm mostly intrigued by the Sig Fury round. I wonder what it will do out of a 22" barrel. The . 270 Weatherby magnum sounds similar, but I've never heard of anyone shooting it out of a 16" barrel. Lol...Actually it looks like the 16" will only be offered in . 308, while the 18" - 20" models will be 6.5cm and Sig Fury. I'm also wondering about the bullet grains variances of the Fury caliber. I don't see it in the article.

Either way it looks like a very nice rifle.

The specs I read show the 16” for .308 and .277, and 18” for the 6.5.

Is there an actual guarantee of accuracy from Sig? My friends Sig 716 shot 5 inch groups with FGMM . He called Sig and sent the gun back. They returned his gun with a note that the accuracy was acceptable. He sold it and disclosed to the buyer the issues. He bought a Knights and solved the problem. Tp address the SIG I can get a $300 Thompson Center with a sub MOA guarantee. What does SIG offer at 5 times the price. Is this more made in India goodness ?

If you read the article, you have the exact same information that I have. At this time all that is out there are pre-production prototypes. No mentioned YET of guarantees, warranties, caveats, or addendums. With that said, I would be shocked if the Cross didn’t come with a guarantee.

I’ve always said SIG’s AR’s are crap. I don’t know who they get their AR barrels from, but that’s the issue. There’s enough info out there on them that I don’t know why folks continue to buy them. Do a little research first.

Their bolt guns over the years, however, are a totally different game. Did you ever fire the SSG3000? One of the best-built, most accurate production bolt guns I’ve ever fired. Well-engineered, over-built, reliable, and boringly accurate. It’s a winner. Used by SWAT teams and military units around the world.

I have never heard anyone mention a 716 and accuracy in the same breath. But, I'd be pissed if a rifle that cost over $1000 couldn't do much better than that! What is SIG making in India?

If the numbers are right from recoilwebs chrony, 2370fps for a 168gr .308 is pretty sad, even from a 16" barrel. I'm guessing they meant 2,730fps.

Either way, I'm glad to see it and it does have a lot going for it.

Back
Top Bottom