• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig mcx ar15 conversion

gregmanz

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
1   0
Reaction score
Has anyone given this a try vs purchasing a full mcx? I have a lower I haven’t finished and planned to make a .300blk with it. 100% of the time suppressed. I was going to purchase a Tacops but I’d like to finish up projects I have sitting around. I’m Specifically looking at the 9” mcx conversion kit

Also If anyone has input on how they like their mcx, or has a better recommendation I’m listening. I was going to go with BCM but they are always out of stock anymore and I like the idea of the short stroke piston and no buffer tube for compactness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since no answer, I went ahead and ordered the kit, brace, and everything else. Along with a holosun 510c elite green. I’ll be running a dead air nomad on this. Have 400rds of subsonic ammo on the way and 40 rounds of Lehigh defense extreme expansion that’s subsonic on the way also. At 2 dollars a round I’ll just use some to make sure it cycles and poi is the on

After a final shooting review, this upper was expensive but worth it, shoots like a dream, very soft, extremely accurate and consistent. Couple hundred rounds of no issues. Trigger it comes with is very nice also. No issues suppressed or non. Also runs very clean being piston system

One of the county PD’s is going to the SIG MCX for their patrol rifles.

I believe they are making a solid choice. I’m very happy with it and hopefully it continues for
Thousands of rounds to come.

Amazing how much cleaner a piston suppressed firearm and how much less gas there is. Only downside I’ve found so far is ammo is currently a pain to find without over paying significantly

I used my rattler upper on a form1'd AR lower for a couple of months while I waited for the form1 to come back on my actual virtus lower, and as long as you use the sig trigger it was flawless.

The only input that I would offer is that the MCX virtus uppers are really thick and they hang out about 1/4 inch almost on either side (it might not be exactly that much but it seems like it) of a mil-spec ar15 lower .... if I were building an AR lower to use as a host for the MCX pistol again I would use a lower like one of the billet seekins precision, gen3 noveske, or other slightly wider/thicker billet AR lowers like maybe a sharps brothers one or something to make up some of that top to bottom thickness difference and even it out. I wouldn't personally use like a BCM mil-spec Lower

Has anyone given this a try vs purchasing a full mcx? I have a lower I haven’t finished and planned to make a .300blk with it. 100% of the time suppressed. I was going to purchase a Tacops but I’d like to finish up projects I have sitting around. I’m Specifically looking at the 9” mcx conversion kit

Also If anyone has input on how they like their mcx, or has a better recommendation I’m listening. I was going to go with BCM but they are always out of stock anymore and I like the idea of the short stroke piston and no buffer tube for compactness

I used my rattler upper on a form1'd AR lower for a couple of months while I waited for the form1 to come back on my actual virtus lower, and as long as you use the sig trigger it was flawless.

The only input that I would offer is that the MCX virtus uppers are really thick and they hang out about 1/4 inch almost on either side (it might not be exactly that much but it seems like it) of a mil-spec ar15 lower .... if I were building an AR lower to use as a host for the MCX pistol again I would use a lower like one of the billet seekins precision, gen3 noveske, or other slightly wider/thicker billet AR lowers like maybe a sharps brothers one or something to make up some of that top to bottom thickness difference and even it out. I wouldn't personally use like a BCM mil-spec Lower

I’ll have to look at this. I didn’t notice a difference between upper and lower thickness. This was an aao 80%

Back
Top Bottom