• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Mosquito

nocman_2

Default rank <1250 posts
NRA Patriot Life Member (Benefactor)
11   0
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are all like this, but do some reading before you buy one!!! The one I owned was used and would FTF and stove pipe like crazy. It did work a little better if you ran CCI's through it, but still was a joke I resold it after a few months and replaced it with a Ruger Mark III 22/45 that works great.

Shoot straight!!

Mine would stove pipe until I filed down the top of the feed ramp and polished it. There's a small metal rim at the top of the feed ramp that causes problems. Be careful if you attempt the fix yourself.

Mine would stove pipe until I filed down the top of the feed ramp and polished it. There's a small metal rim at the top of the feed ramp that causes problems. Be careful if you attempt the fix yourself.

I did the same with no luck. It seemed to help for the first hundred or so rounds. Then back to FTF/STP. I hope the new ones are better because I loved the design.

No problem with mine. Keep it greased and use CCI mini mags. Only problem was a slide lock back once when I knocked the slide lock with my thumb. I say it was because of the smaller size grip not me being dumb.

No problem with mine. Keep it greased and use CCI mini mags. Only problem was a slide lock back once when I knocked the slide lock with my thumb. I say it was because of the smaller size grip not me being dumb.

OK I traded mine. Took it into the gunsmith to lighten up the trigger, it was about 8lbs, he had a look and told me that it was not possible the trigger sear etc was made of very cheap metal, said it was rubbish and advised to get rid of it. So now I have a Sig Sauer P226 Classic .22LR a bit more money but full sized and the same as my 9mm, so a better training platform and just as much fun plinking.

Back
Top Bottom