• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig P226 Legion SAO or DA/SA?

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Which one do you prefer and why? Anyone own both? What's the story on yours? I just wanted to get a consensus on it since the Legion is pretty coveted.

I have the 229 in 357 sig since I like the cartridge and prefer the smaller size. The sao is only available in 9mm 226, but the trigger on it is fantastic. If they had the sao for the 229 357 I'd probably prefer that. The DA/SA is good but it's not mind blowingly amazing either

I have both, the SAO is just a range toy since I'm not conditioned to a 1911 safety; the DA/SA is for carry. If you are a 1911 guy you will probably prefer the SAO, but if you're like me and have put thousands of rounds through a standard DA/SA Sig then the controls are engrained in muscle memory.
The trigger on the SAO is superb. A friend of mine shot my Sig Legion SAO a few hours after qualifying with her department issued Glock 22, she refused to even touch her Glock afterwards, commenting on how bad it sucked compared to the Sig.

I haven't shot a 226 but I've considered getting it after hearing how much everyone everyone raved over a legion. I think the SAO would be what I would go with I just haven't heard the same reaction with the Da/Sa

SAO Is an incredible gun. It's a tangebtoy for me though. I have the 226 da/sa and it's not bad either. It's like saying which is better, a Ferrari or a Maybach. They're both amazing..I carry a Legion 229 shoots fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom