• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ALLiDOisQUINN

Default rank <100 posts Supporter
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’ve been wanting to get into archery for a few seasons now and I finally bit the bullet (or arrow) ;) and got my first bow setup. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve been around and shot them plenty of times with my friends and family but I finally got my own! Woohoo!!…..
I don’t have my left nut anymore…. :(
But I got a bow and some arrows!!! :D

Now, I was wondering if someone in the West GA / Douglasville area had some land that they would not mind me shooting my bow on to get it sighted in… (IM NOT ASKING TO HUNT YOUR LAND- I just want to sight in my bow) My current place of residence only allows for about a 15 yard shot which is a good start but I’m hoping to get really good at 40 - 50 yards. I will bring my own target - I just need some open land to get some shots in.

A little about me:
I’ve been crossbow and gun hunting for roughly 20 years now. Ever since I was a little tyke! I’m a nice guy who loves the Lord and just wants to get my bow sighted in if possible so I can be ready for the next hunting season. Maybe even talk about Jesus over some sweet tea if you want. - I like doing that way more than hunting… and I love hunting! :P

PM me if you’d like and we get talk about what’s possible.

Do you know how to tune it? If I were still in GA I'd square you away since tuning peoples bows was what I did growing up at Wiley outdoor sports in Alabama.
Yes, I know how to tune…. Well I’m YouTube certified that is! Lol! I appreciate the offer though! One thing I’ve realized is, (for the most part) there seems to be a great camaraderie around the group which I’m thankful for.

Yes, I know how to tune…. Well I’m YouTube certified that is! Lol! I appreciate the offer though! One thing I’ve realized is, (for the most part) there seems to be a great camaraderie around the group which I’m thankful for.
I blew my rotator cuff out years ago shooting bows in competition shooting hundreds of times a day so sadly I'm no longer part of the compound bow hunting/target group. But I still know a little about the sport. So if you ever need any intel just give me a shout.

I scouted around areas bordering industrial parks and looked at satellite photographs for vacant areas of woods underneath powerline right of ways.

By using these methods, identified a patch of woods between a power substation and the backside of a shopping mall in Marietta, close to my brother's home where I visit a couple times a month.
He has a bow & I have my own bow.

This spot, although technically not legal for shooting and not my property, is a place where we've been able to shoot archery out to 40 yards without causing any noise and without running into any problems.

Little late in the tournament season, but you could always find a local one and go there. They will always have practice ranges set up usually to 50 yards. There's Sweetwater Archery Club in douglasville. RBO (Riverbottom outdoors) in Franklin. I'm sure there are others, ive been out of tournaments for a couple years. GON has a schedule on their forums.

Another option, given your location far west, would be the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park. They have fine archery ranges there, to include 3D lanes.

And if you haven't seen their other ranges, it'd be worth the drive just to check them out.

Back
Top Bottom