• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Silencer Shop no longer a dealer for Liberty?

Its my understanding that Silencershop already deals with manufacturers that have a MAP policy. Thats why to see some prices you have to log in. It used to be that you had to put in your email address and they would email you the price but having people set up an account works around that.

yeah I was surprised about the "issue" with MAP as it's pretty common these days with a lot of "premium" products.

maybe there's more to it than meets the eye. maybe someone on here knows someone at either place that might fill us in. or not. :)

Liberty doesn't like how SS skirts map with the "email me price" button.

I like it a whole lot better than the "put it in your cart to see price" thing that some do. I can see both sides of the story. Good for Liberty for sticking to their guns. Silencer Shop isn't going to lose a lot of business over it either.

I like it a whole lot better than the "put it in your cart to see price" thing that some do. I can see both sides of the story. Good for Liberty for sticking to their guns. Silencer Shop isn't going to lose a lot of business over it either.
Plenty of companies don't even allow the "add to cart" advertising. I know a FFL that got hit on for their VEPR shotguns that was essentially told that a price lower than MAP could only be made in person .!

Good for them. Someone needs to start keeping Silencer Shop in check.

Why do you say that, Dean?

TX is a very large market for NFA items and they are centrally located in Austin, which explains why they can do the volume they do.

Don't get me wrong. If I still lived in GA, it would be Dobbs and QRF, but now that I am in TX, Silencer Shop and Capitol Armory are the places to go.

I just don't get the hate against a place that made it easy for people to get suppressors. We should all be happy every time someone new gets an NFA item. If we don't we will all be bitching as the ATF does to suppressors what they are doing with ammo right now. (Start with 7n6 and when there is no uproar, move to m885)

Why do you say that, Dean?

TX is a very large market for NFA items and they are centrally located in Austin, which explains why they can do the volume they do.

Don't get me wrong. If I still lived in GA, it would be Dobbs and QRF, but now that I am in TX, Silencer Shop and Capitol Armory are the places to go.

I just don't get the hate against a place that made it easy for people to get suppressors. We should all be happy every time someone new gets an NFA item. If we don't we will all be *****ing as the ATF does to suppressors what they are doing with ammo right now. (Start with 7n6 and when there is no uproar, move to m885)

Silencer Shop is largely, if not the reason, why Form 4 is not up online. Their batch form submissions kept crashing the system.

Silencer Shop came out with the easy trust. They are not lawyers. They know nothing about trust law. This draws more attention to the notion that NFA trusts are a "loophole". Silencer Shop is largely to blame for 41P.

Silencer Shop direct should theoretically make obtaining suppressors simple and quick. Any time the ATF sees a bypass of their regulations they crack down (41P).

Silencer Shop is becoming the Walmart of suppressors. Their business plan is the same. If you become so big you can push everyone around. If you don't sell to Silencer Shop at Silencer Shop's named price you can hit the road. This will eventually erode the quality of suppressors because manufacturers must make ends meet.

Furthermore, Silencer Shop will kill our local SOTs. Profit margins are becoming so low that many SOTs are letting their SOT lapse or refusing to enter the industry. Soon enough most SOTs will only do Silencer Shop transfers. That means no one local will have inventory for you to look at to make a decision.

Silencer Shop is Walmart. They are killing the industry. My business and your local SOT's business. They won't do the consumers any favors once they own the industry either. All of a sudden you will see prices start to creep back up. Transfer fees will get higher because the SOT has to give a cut to Silencer Shop.

They're out to make a buck off everyone any way they can, even if it destroys the industry.

Last edited:
Silencer Shop is largely, if not the reason, why Form 4 is not up online. Their batch form submissions kept crashing the system.

Silencer Shop came out with the easy trust. They are not lawyers. They know nothing about trust law. This draws more attention to the notion that NFA trusts are a "loophole". Silencer Shop is largely to blame for 41P.

Silencer Shop direct should theoretically make obtaining suppressors simple and quick. Any time the ATF sees a bypass of their regulations they crack down (41P).

Silencer Shop is becoming the Walmart of suppressors. Their business plan is the same. If you become so big you can push everyone around. If you don't sell to Silencer Shop at Silencer Shop's named price you can hit the road. This will eventually erode the quality of suppressors because manufacturers must make ends meet.

Furthermore, Silencer Shop will kill our local SOTs. Profit margins are becoming so low that many SOTs are letting their SOT lapse or refusing to enter the industry. Soon enough most SOTs will only do Silencer Shop transfers. That means no one local will have inventory for you to look at to make a decision.

Silencer Shop is Walmart. They are killing the industry. My business and your local SOT's business. They won't do the consumers any favors once they own the industry either. All of a sudden you will see prices start to creep back up. Transfer fees will get higher because the SOT has to give a cut to Silencer Shop.

They're out to make a buck off everyone any way they can, even if it destroys the industry.

Not too defend SS, but they are not the ones largely responsible for 41p. That mess started with NFATCA. Call it naivety or whatever, but they got the ball rolling.

"That is consistent with what Gun Rights Examiner concluded in its first report on the NFATCA petition being the catalyst for the proposed NFA rule change."

Back
Top Bottom