• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencerco Rebate

waiting on the HPA.

That's the problem right now... no one wants to buy after 41P clogged the pipes, and everyone figures that the HPA will fix everything.

While I do think the HPA will pass... eventually, I'm not going to hold my breath on it. One of the sponsors of the bill said he didn't think it would go through until 2018, given all the higher priority legislation that's in front of it.

Just think about all the immigrations, tax and spending bills that Trump needs to get done in his '100 days', and you can see that something like HPA is going to be way down on the list.

I'm hoping it will slip through, but honestly, this guy's feelings were that there's very little interest on Capitol Hill, even if Trump's kid is backing it 100% (as is the ATF it seems).

That's the problem right now... no one wants to buy after 41P clogged the pipes, and everyone figures that the HPA will fix everything.

While I do think the HPA will pass... eventually, I'm not going to hold my breath on it. One of the sponsors of the bill said he didn't think it would go through until 2018, given all the higher priority legislation that's in front of it.

Just think about all the immigrations, tax and spending bills that Trump needs to get done in his '100 days', and you can see that something like HPA is going to be way down on the list.

I'm hoping it will slip through, but honestly, this guy's feelings were that there's very little interest on Capitol Hill, even if Trump's kid is backing it 100% (as is the ATF it seems).

The flip side to that is, with wait times pushing 10 months because of the 41P rush, if it passes in 2018 you would get it at the same time.
And I feel that if it did pass, the final version wouldn't give back the stamp money. Doubt they would ever let free money slip away like that.

I'm in no hurry. I've shot for years without a can. It's like cellphones. If my wife leaves hers at home she's lost. Not long ago my phone was attached to a wall and I survived. I don't see refunds being back dated more than a year. Suppressor prices will drop quicker than ARs have. Few guys I talked to will machine their own if it's legal. I'll probably still buy a quality brand name but, they'll have to be little more reasonable on the prices. They'll make the money up in volume sales. People that normally won't go out of the way to buy one (like me) will go by Academy and pick up 2 or more for different Guns. If cost effective I'll get one for 22 rifle and another for 308+300 blackout. Probably one for 45 acp pistol. I can skip the one suppressor for everything. No need for 3 tax stamps. Ever gun manufacturer with a brain will offer 2 barrel kits or threaded barrels stock on new sales. Cant see a reason to sell unthreaded rifles unless they are safari Guns.
I've got 2 threaded 45s atm and no can. All my ARs can take a can. I'll need to order a few barrels for some of my other pistols. With any luck they'll see the demand coming and start production now. If not I'll have to get in line. (maybe I should order now).

I'm in no hurry. I've shot for years without a can. It's like cellphones. If my wife leaves hers at home she's lost. Not long ago my phone was attached to a wall and I survived. I don't see refunds being back dated more than a year. Suppressor prices will drop quicker than ARs have. Few guys I talked to will machine their own if it's legal. I'll probably still buy a quality brand name but, they'll have to be little more reasonable on the prices. They'll make the money up in volume sales. People that normally won't go out of the way to buy one (like me) will go by Academy and pick up 2 or more for different Guns. If cost effective I'll get one for 22 rifle and another for 308+300 blackout. Probably one for 45 acp pistol. I can skip the one suppressor for everything. No need for 3 tax stamps. Ever gun manufacturer with a brain will offer 2 barrel kits or threaded barrels stock on new sales. Cant see a reason to sell unthreaded rifles unless they are safari Guns.
I've got 2 threaded 45s atm and no can. All my ARs can take a can. I'll need to order a few barrels for some of my other pistols. With any luck they'll see the demand coming and start production now. If not I'll have to get in line. (maybe I should order now).
Can't agree with you more. I agree the lines will be ridiculous. Moms and pops stores that don't have the licenses will be ordering from manufacturer and build time will be ridiculous. We'll be waiting 9-10 months still just without uncle same getting his cut. Well on the stamp. He'll always get his sales tax. I need his job.

Back
Top Bottom