Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:
i.imgur.com_ZSQDhKvl.jpg

[Broken External Image]:
i.imgur.com_xeZQbiTl.jpg

i.imgur.com_uGb5A6Dl.jpg

A quick rundown of why

Forum Member Posts:
That stupid Bushmaster "Get your man card" ad series was a colossal **** up that the media latched on to, used it as propaganda against gun owners, casting as red neck testosterone filled assholes who should not be allowed near guns....

So what would these say during a media fueled rage against silencer ownership after a tragedy???
http://www.superiorsilence.com/collecti ... treet-lamp
http://www.superiorsilence.com/collecti ... us-muffler
http://www.superiorsilence.com/collecti ... hboros-dog

I'd bet at least one of those is a felony.

Who the **** thought these were a good idea? Come on silencerco, really? This ad is exactly like a 450hp car ad that says the speed limit is 55mph, but the implication is you're going to break that because you can. These are imo, in very poor taste and do not reflect well on silencer owners. Disappointing. I wouldn't do anything of these things, silencerco isn't saying that I should, and I realize that because I'm not an idiot, but guess who makes laws... .... .... Idiots.

I don't really care, and it's not a huge deal, but these just do no seem like a good idea given the political climate. With states fighting to get silencers for hunting, it seems like a horrible idea to talk about the illegal "things you could get away with".

SilencerCo responds:
Those posters are about 3 years old now. It was intended as a humorous way to draw attention to the fact Silencers ARE legal and aren't used primarily for illegal things. It has been effective. Many new users/owners have been made aware and the dealers who have put the signs up rave about them and how effective they are at starting the conversation. Anything can be used against us...and will. I've seen far more Risque ads, even in the silencer world...something about a kitten and a can.
The ad was intended to draw attention to common misconceptions within the shooting public about Silencer ownership AND usage. Those are humorous examples of the things we have heard people say about "What would I want with a silencer? I might shoot my neighbors dog", etc , etc, etc....the things we all hear right after someone initially finds out silencers ARE legal and wonders why someone would want one.
Then comes the opportunity to explain them for what they are, personal protective equipment and a safety enhancement. The ad served its purpose and continues to do so at gun stores across the country.

Since then, the silencers are legal campaign has since taken a much different look and feel and I believe continues to be effective...We have directly aided through the ASA the legalization of hunting in many states, proof of the overall effectiveness of the campaign. Many legislators in many states have had a chuckle about the poster, I know because I was there. We do still have the posters and they do continue to be effective at their established goal. Any marketing we do with humor injected will have critics, not everyone has the same sense of humor. I find Zombie marketing and products childish, but people sure seem to love it and as long as people do, it will continue to be done. So if you found the ads offensive because of "Potential" misuse by our enemies, We are sorry. I can only speak to the GOOD they have already done as people in TX, AZ, WY, OK who will reap the benefit hunting with silencers this fall.
In order to help get these offensive posters off the market for XXXXXXXXXX, and prevent their potential misuse we will send at no charge, a poster and a sticker pack (Full of other potentially offensive little gems, like "Always wear protection" or Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes) to Silencertalk members who email their contact info to XXXXXXX within the next 48 hours and say "I want an offensive poster and sticker" please include your screen name.

TL,DR: Yea Silencerco!

Back
Top Bottom