• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SILVER

santana.45

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
ok so I've got some coins that i know have some kinda worth but not sure what I've got, what id like to know is are they worth hanging on to or selling. or if they aren't really worth anything at all. I've attached pictures of a few of the coins here. hopefully y'all can give me a little insight.

Attachments

• IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 40
They are definitely worth something. Spot is at 18.51 /oz right now. Your 90%silver (except the Morgan) are .715 oz of silver per $1 face value. The Morgan is .773 oz of silver. The Silver Eagles are 1 oz of ,999 silver each.

The Morgan and Silver Eagle are worth a little more than the spot price value. The rest will be close to spot, maybe a little more. It all depends on what a buyer will pay, but certainly not less than spot.

Spot silver prices: http://www.kitco.com/market/

Hope this helps.

They are definitely worth something. Spot is at 18.51 /oz right now. Your 90%silver (except the Morgan) are .715 oz of silver per $1 face value. The Morgan is .773 oz of silver. The Silver Eagles a re 1 0z of ,999 silver each.

The Morgan and Silver Eagle are worth a little more than the spot price value. The rest will be close to spot, maybe a little more. It all depends on what a buyer will pay, but certainly not less than spot.

Spot silver prices: http://www.kitco.com/market/

Hope this helps.

thats a huge help, was actually able to make sense of it lol.. I've had these for a while now but never really looked into the worth other than face value on the coins just thought they were kinda cool.

I have a question about silver coins; I inherited quite a few Morgan and Peace silver dollars (and a mixture of other coins) but have no idea what to do with them. I am not a collector and know absolutely nothing about coins or precious metals. If I decided one day to liquidate them into cash (probably to feed my firearm addiction) what would be the best way to do so? Should I go to a coin dealer or try to sell to individuals? With firearms I have a very gun idea of their value, but with coins I only have internet sources and would have no idea if I am getting fair market value or getting ripped off.

I have a question about silver coins; I inherited quite a few Morgan and Peace silver dollars (and a mixture of other coins) but have no idea what to do with them. I am not a collector and know absolutely nothing about coins or precious metals. If I decided one day to liquidate them into cash (probably to feed my firearm addiction) what would be the best way to do so? Should I go to a coin dealer or try to sell to individuals? With firearms I have a very gun idea of their value, but with coins I only have internet sources and would have no idea if I am getting fair market value or getting ripped off.

Go here and get most of the information you need to not get ripped off.
http://www.coinflation.com/
With that said, I would be willing to work with you on converting that silver to cash if you like. Maybe not all of it, but a good portion of it.

I'd just list them on here, theres a decent market for silver on the forum and generally anything at spot price goes quickly

I'm in no hurry to sell or liquidate them, do not really need cash at the moment. That being said, I would have preferred to have inherited guns over coins, but beggars can't be choosers. To be honest I have not even inventoried them, I just tossed them in a safe and forgot about them till I noticed this thread. I was just trying to get a ballpark idea of how much they are worth so I could convert that figure to my favorite currency, GUNS.

I guess my biggest question is are there any gun stores that accept old silver dollars as payment? How many tubes of Morgan or Peace silver dollars would I need to buy a new Springfield MC Operator or Sig Legion? I am having a difficult time placing a value on currency I cannot spend.

I guess my biggest question is are there any gun stores that accept old silver dollars as payment? How many tubes of Morgan or Peace silver dollars would I need to buy a new Springfield MC Operator or Sig Legion? I am having a difficult time placing a value on currency I cannot spend.
A pawn shop or gun store will likely not give you a very good deal. Probably about 80% of spot. Follow the previous advice and inventory them and list them here. You should be easily able to get at least spot for them here. There are many ODTer's that buy silver on a regular basis, including myself.

Each silver dollar is currently $14.50+/- melt value. So it is now a math problem.
Source http://www.coinflation.com/

I have a FN FNP 45 tactical that I traded 60 ounces of Silver for not too long ago. So I gave up 60 ounces at 17.00 ea for a $1000+/- for a nice hand gun.
How much does a Springfield MC Operator cost, new and used? The key is to find someone with something you want who wants what you have.

Back
Top Bottom