• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Single shot .22 LR bolt action circa 1930-1950

Major Habu

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Looking for an older single shot .22 LR plinker that I can restore for my great grandson. Something like the older Sears, Winchester, Remington rifles with bbl length of 24 inches or longer. Needs to be shoot-able and safety must also be functional. Furniture condx unimportant. PM with details.

PM SENT 12:49 am

Thanks for the quick reply. From the two pix you sent your Mdl 67 is an early version circa 1935 as the finger grooves on the forearm were deleted in later models. The bbl length is 27 inches according to my research which is great. Is that a knurled take-down knob about 2-3 inches ahead of the trigger guard?

As to price, I had not planned on spending over $75 on this project Existing on a fixed income doesn't leave much for discretionary spending. Would you consider lower your price? If so, I'd like to meet with you and see the rifle before money changes hands.

PM SENT 12:49 am

I "think" I have an action and barrel combo from the era you speak of, not sure I have the stock and trigger guard. You are welcome to it gratis if I can source it on Monday.

Thanks for the quick reply. From the two pix you sent your Mdl 67 is an early version circa 1935 as the finger grooves on the forearm were deleted in later models. The bbl length is 27 inches according to my research which is great. Is that a knurled take-down knob about 2-3 inches ahead of the trigger guard?

As to price, I had not planned on spending over $75 on this project Existing on a fixed income doesn't leave much for discretionary spending. Would you consider lower your price? If so, I'd like to meet with you and see the rifle before money changes hands.
Thank you but $75 is not gonna buy it. Gun needs nothing. Good luck in your adventure. I am on a fixed income also.

Thank you but $75 is not gonna buy it. Gun needs nothing. Good luck in your adventure. I am on a fixed income also.

OK...well, as my granddad use to say "you don't get if you don't ask. Let me get with the CFO here at the Bent Dipole Ranch and see IF I can get her to stretch the purse strings.
Your rifle really looks good. Has it been in your family for a while or was this a recent purchase? That was the very type of .22 that learned to shoot with. Nostalgia rules!

Where exactly do you live? Your bio says Oscarsville but that town has been underwater for a while!!

Back
Top Bottom