• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Single stack grip and low left

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
First let me say it’s not the gun. The gun in question is a Glock 43. I’ve had it for years and it will drill a hole. At one time I shot it as good if not better than any gun I own from contact to 25+ yards.
I didn’t shoot it for a while as I was carrying a snub. I’ve found now when I shoot at 5-10 yards I’m an 1-2” low and 1-2” left. I know this is common but I can’t seem to get it. I’ve tried more finger less finger. I’ve tried more and less grip.
Today I was shooting it and found that when I shot one handed I shot it closer to point of aim. Of course I didn’t shoot it quite as well and with as tight of a group. When I would draw and shoot the plate I was more consistent than two handed.
I came home and got to doing research. It appears my thumbs may be the problem. I normally shoot larger guns thumb forward. The 43 is like my snubs and not a lot of room for thumbs forward. I assume I was just allowing my thumbs to do whatever.
How do you grip your single stack? I’m thinking thumbs down may be the way to go.
If anyone has advice on shooting the small subcompact please let me know.

It ain’t trigger finger placement, grip tension, or thumbs that are causing that, it’s trigger control.......or lack thereof.

None of that matters IF proper trigger control is used. I can hit steel at 100yds while holding the gun upside down and pulling the trigger with my pinkie.......everything about that grip and trigger finger/thumb placement is wrong, but I hit because I have trigger control.

Now, if you have poor grip/finger placement/thumb placement, AND poor trigger control, it will make it worse.

Is there a reason it shows on the smaller single stacks and not other guns as much?
I’ve had similar with the P365 and 43.

The smaller/lighter the gun is, the harder it is to shoot well. Most folks shoot larger, heavier guns better than smaller, lighter guns, if all else is equal.

it's all about pulling that trigger straight back. Get someone to load a snap cap or dummy round in the mag. you will see your flinch. Smaller guns are harder to shoot more accurately. doesn't mean they are less accurate.

Thanks guys. I think I just need to refocus and dry fire. I shot the 43 really well and it still drives tacks just a little lower and a little more than I prefer.

I actually sold my 43 and decided for pocket carry I would stick with a j frame. There are times I regret that decision.

I still have a shield and find my 26 is centered but the shield is low left. The reason I mention the 26 is it’s small but not as thin as the guns I’ve had issues with.

I always shot 1” left at 10 yards with my G43.

I’m a decent shooter and only shoot Glock pistols. I shoot thumbs forward and have small hands. I Don’t have that issue with 19 or 26. Sold the 43 and just tote the 26 now.

I use the same sights, ameriglo hackathorn sights, on my non rds pistols (19,26,43 etc)

I always shot 1” left at 10 yards with my G43.

I’m a decent shooter and only shoot Glock pistols. I shoot thumbs forward and have small hands. I Don’t have that issue with 19 or 26. Sold the 43 and just tote the 26 now.

I use the same sights, ameriglo hackathorn sights, on my non rds pistols (19,26,43 etc)

I sold mine as well. Anytime I don’t carry my 26 I carry a j frame.

Answer is simple...you are flinching.

I believe you. Im certain it’s me and not the gun. I’m going to take some dummy rounds the next time I go to the range.

Back
Top Bottom