• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skip J Range 2 gun

I have shot this every month for 2 years. It's currently cancelled for Nov and possibly December as well. The fella that owns the range recently passed away and the status of everything needs to be re-evaluated. The guy that runs this shoot is still around though.

As far as 2 gun goes, it's a really nice match and a ton of fun. Real good folks. Difficulty level is about a 6 out of 10. The pistol and rifle targets are usually designated by black rattle can striping on the rifle and regular IPSC for the pistol. Pistol distance max is 40 yards or so, rifle is 125 but it's rare that we do that. Usually everything takes place inside of the 50 yard bays.

There is a shoot house which is fun. You are graded heavily on technique on that one. If you expose yourself to targets without pie-ing properly you will get a procedural.

There was a monthly 2 Gun at South River in Covington for some time, but Strategic Match Design has moved on to running the Noveske Carbine Challenge out of state and that match may be gone for a while.

Has anyone shot this match? Just looking for a general layout;furthest pistol/rifle shot etc.
Looking for more 2 gun matches. I've heard of the one in Conyers as well.
The Atlanta 3gun match in Conyers has a 2 gun division among others, so you can leave the shotgun at home and still shoot the match. It's there every second sunday.

The Atlanta 3gun match in Conyers has a 2 gun division among others, so you can leave the shotgun at home and still shoot the match. It's there every second sunday.

Oh. Well that's good news. I'll start going back then. They use to do the 2 Gun on the Saturday before. If they've rolled it into the 3 Gun without penalties, that's great!!!

Edit- Just signed up for the 2 Gun Division for the 12/09 shoot. Thanks for the info!!

Oh. Well that's good news. I'll start going back then. They use to do the 2 Gun on the Saturday before. If they've rolled it into the 3 Gun without penalties, that's great!!!

Edit- Just signed up for the 2 Gun Division for the 12/09 shoot. Thanks for the info!!
Hope to see you there ! Just to clarify, the Saturday 2 gun is still slated to continue.
The UML rules that we use now just include the 2 gun division.

Back
Top Bottom