• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Slow day of fishing, but caught a good one.

Bass.JPG
Nice! I caught my personal best in a farm pond in Waynesville, NC this weekend. I was using a 4 foot ultralight with 6 lb test and a weightless live nightcrawler. I was casting up against a rock wall in about 3 feet of water when it felt like I had hooked a freight train. I thought it was a carp until I got it up near the shore, then the shakes set in until I could grab it out of the water. Took a few pics and then back she went.
Bass 2.JPG

View attachment 1192470 Nice! I caught my personal best in a farm pond in Waynesville, NC this weekend. I was using a 4 foot ultralight with 6 lb test and a weightless live nightcrawler. I was casting up against a rock wall in about 3 feet of water when it felt like I had hooked a freight train. I thought it was a carp until I got it up near the shore, then the shakes set in until I could grab it out of the water. Took a few pics and then back she went. View attachment 1192469

On 6lb test? Dang man! Nice Bass.

Yeah, I wasn't real concerned at first because I figured it was a big carp and would break off. We had been catching big bream in the shallows and the ultralight was the ticket for that.

Yeah, I wasn't real concerned at first because I figured it was a big carp and would break off. We had been catching big bream in the shallows and the ultralight was the ticket for that.

I haven't been out fishing in a long time. I used to go out several times a week, back when I had more time on my hands. I used to love drop shoting zoom worms on #5 hooks.....Bass used to tear them up in ponds.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v114_Rebbasser_15TexasRig.jpg

View attachment 1192470 Nice! I caught my personal best in a farm pond in Waynesville, NC this weekend. I was using a 4 foot ultralight with 6 lb test and a weightless live nightcrawler. I was casting up against a rock wall in about 3 feet of water when it felt like I had hooked a freight train. I thought it was a carp until I got it up near the shore, then the shakes set in until I could grab it out of the water. Took a few pics and then back she went. View attachment 1192469

Nice!!! I bet that was heart pounding action on that set up. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom