• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Small pistol primers

LOL, it was way worse a year ago.
I’m glad I am stocked some - If I am careful I shouldn’t have to buy for another 4-5yrs …. That doesn’t mean I won’t if I see a decent deal.
(This may be gun control through alternate means - make it so expensive that you can’t even practice. Folks will have only a few rounds- then eventually none ! )

I’m glad I am stocked some - If I am careful I shouldn’t have to buy for another 4-5yrs …. That doesn’t mean I won’t if I see a decent deal.
(This may be gun control through alternate means - make it so expensive that you can’t even practice. Folks will have only a few rounds- then eventually none ! )
Practice with factory ammo, it's coming down in price.

Load for matches. I rarely shoot anymore so it doesn't matter what I do. I have primers for sale/sell/sail.

I think I have 60,000 small rifle military primers in the cabinet.

Cast lead. Been doing it most all my lifetime of shooting. Dad taught me when i was young, fortunately.

I can’t believe these primer prices. I haven’t looked in a while and just caught this . Unbelievable. SMDH
I do cast but not really sure about using cast lead in a semi auto Ruger 44 carbine. I have heard it could foul the gas port but not sure, if using gas checks I would think it would be ok. What do you think?

I do cast but not really sure about using cast lead in a semi auto Ruger 44 carbine. I have heard it could foul the gas port but not sure, if using gas checks I would think it would be ok. What do you think?
Not had any experience with that particular rifle. I know that it doesn’t give me any problems in any of my other semi-autos. I shoot mostly pistol though. I do shoot a few rifles but like the jacketed stuff for most of that.
My main shooting is revolver with some semi-auto mixed in , handgun wise. I like shooting the larger bore , .41..44..45..etc. but my 9mm, .45acp, .380 doesn’t seem to mind them. I do shoot lead in my lever action rifles .
I like the ability to tailor my rounds to what I like. :)

That and I like to be as self sufficient as possible too. Just in case.
That goes without saying , lol.
Plus, factory ammo is so expensive. If you shoot any real amount ….it can be costly as hell !
I guess I am fortunate my dad taught me to load and all when we were growing up. I can’t tell you the number of hours him and me spent at the bench watching tv, bs-ing, etc., all while pumping out rounds. The best part was getting to go shooting ! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom