• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Small rant

Wish I could afford being part of a club or lease sadly public land is all I can hunt I just go to the most unaccsesible places I can find sometimes I even swim across creeks to get to a hunting spot

Wish I could afford being part of a club or lease sadly public land is all I can hunt I just go to the most unaccsesible places I can find sometimes I even swim across creeks to get to a hunting spot

You are doing it right. Don't regret hunting public land. As I have said before, I have been a member of several clubs and even when I am I spend most of my time hunting public land. It typically has LESS pressure after opening weekend of rifle season than the clubs I've been a member of. Last year I was a member of a VERY good club that was only 35 minutes from my doorstep and STILL hunted public land much more, even though where I hunt is 1.5 hours from where I live. The club was well run and consistently produces big deer. Size limit for the first buck is 125BC and for the second it's 140! However, because of some of the restrictions on the club it prevented me from doing some of the most productive methods I use for scouting and it was so expensive that the people I want to hunt with could not afford it. I love the area of public land we hunt and I don't feel like I'm missing out on a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! You could have gone "Tony Stark".

Nope! Made the bad cut right up the middle.

I am fortunate to be able to hunt on private property... I would like to try a WMA, but I am so used to the deer always showing up and no unexpected visitors like you experienced that I think if I did, it would not be fun for me.

I don't go to the special WMA hunts. They DO get a lot of pressure. Go find a section of National Forest that has nothing special about it in the regs and that is where you will find privacy.

My brother my daughter and I hunted yuchi opening weekend. There were so many people there it was making me nervous. Saturday afternoon we were in the river bottom. Truck parked up on the hill and walked down in at 2pm. At 4:30pm we heard another truck pull in next to mine, could hear them talking then pulled out. At 5:30pm i heard 2 shots back to back less than 100 yards from us. I could hear them talking. We hurried back to the truck to find them , i round a corner and they just jumped in the truck and take off. Tailgate was down and nothing in the truck.

don't go to Piedmont wma in south Ga , there dumb asses down there , was there early one morning all ready in my stand and two guys walked under my stand , i said hey i'm hunting right here be a little bit quieter , they said **** you buddy and walked about 50 yards and set up there deer stand , i waited till about 730 am and stood up unloaded my gun ,, boom boom boom boom boom boom , climbed down and yelled good luck boys , never went back down there again

LMAO!!!! Good for you.....

My buddy talks loud like that because he has a deep voice and he is practically deaf.

I have told him several times not to talk to me going in the woods unless he whispers...then he can't hear himself,and whispers loudly....lol.

For the most part we don't run into any hunters but it happens.

I have had my share of WMA morons stink up my spot badly but the one that takes the cake is the moron that walks up 70 yards from me....waves, then decides to sit on a log.
I figure he's taking a rest so I'm not that concerned until,he whips,out some kind of god awful moose call during deer season and let's out a succession of ridiculously retarded calls from this thing.

I whistle at him several times and he ignores me.

Then the asswipe takes a dump next to his tree, wipes his rear and by this time I'm ready to get out of my stand and slap the genetics out of him......then he leaves after I yelled a few nice words at his sorry ass.

One day while hunting in Pennsylvania I had to hit the deck while two teenage morons began shooting rapid fire semi autos right over my head during opening day of rifle.
I was in my back yard of all places on my father in laws property in blaze orange.

Never did find out who that was and they took off running when I yelled some profanities that would have made Rodney Dangerfield blush.

Back
Top Bottom