• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

smith lock

If S&W had strong competition in the revolver business, they would be forced to get rid of that silly lock. They have by far done the worse job implementing a lock. The cutout and flag in the frame by the hammer and the @$$hole on the face of the revolver. Somehow it is needed for safety, but no problem getting a semi-pistol from them with no lock.

If S&W had strong competition in the revolver business, they would be forced to get rid of that silly lock. They have by far done the worse job implementing a lock. The cutout and flag in the frame by the hammer and the @$$hole on the face of the revolver. Somehow it is needed for safety, but no problem getting a semi-pistol from them with no lock.

S&W biggest competition in revolvers is itself. I refuse to buy one with a lock. Other than some materials, there is really nothing new in revolvers that I just have to have. With a virtually limitless supply of used revolvers in all conditions and configurations, I have absolutely no desire to buy a new one with a lock.

S&W biggest competition in revolvers is itself. I refuse to buy one with a lock. Other than some materials, there is really nothing new in revolvers that I just have to have. With a virtually limitless supply of used revolvers in all conditions and configurations, I have absolutely no desire to buy a new one with a lock.

+1

I wonder how many more sales they would have year after year if they would sell all models without the lock.

I know there's more to the story than that though, like the company that makes the lock owns S&W or vice versa, etc, etc...

Have you looked at the Kimber K6s? I haven't seen/held one yet.

I just take a drill about the same size as that little hole in the side and run it completely through. It totally eliminates the lock function from the revolver, and also gives a better way to vent off the gas build up when doing a lot of shooting.

I do this work no-charge for ODT members. PM me for my address to send your revolver to and I'll get right on it the day it arrives.
Man this is good. I am worried about gas build up on my Pythons also. Can you do them for free also? or do I need to pay?

Back
Top Bottom