• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smith & Wesson Customer Service

Jin

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
46   0
Reaction score
***Please move this thread if it is in a inappropriate section***

I called Smith and Wesson's customer service line for a new slide tool I needed for my M&Pc .45

Here's how it went:

Mark @ S&W : Thank you for calling Smith and Wesson. This is Mark, how may I help you?
Me : Ummm....hey. I need that tool that sits behind the magazine. Can't think of the name at the moment.
Mark : Oh the slide tool. What's wrong with it?
Me : The little plastic piece that is attached to the side is a little chewed up.
Mark : Oh, they're supposed to get chewed up to be honest. They will still hold well even without the plastic piece. Would you like another one anyway?
Me : Yeah, depending on how much they cost.
Mark : They're free.
Me : Free? How is that even possible?
Mark : We like to take care of our consumers.

Boom....done. I was astounded at that customer service like that still exists.

I expected :
1) He was going to charge me since those parts do cost money.
2) He was going to tell me to suck it up. Its no biggie and I should be such a baby about something that isn't really pertinent to the actual mechanics of the gun.

He was right to the point, took my address, and ensured that one would be sent out.

Question for you gun whores....Are there any other brands with such strong customer service like S&W does? Any companies that have horrible service?

Last edited:
***Please move this thread if it is in a inappropriate section***

I called Smith and Wesson's customer service line for a new slide tool I needed for my M&Pc .45

Here's how it went:

Mark @ S&W : Thank you for calling Smith and Wesson. This is Mark, how may I help you?
Me : Ummm....hey. I need that tool that sits behind the magazine. Can't think of the name at the moment.
Mark : Oh the slide tool. What's wrong with it?
Me : The little plastic piece that is attached to the side is a little chewed up.
Mark : Oh, they're supposed to get chewed up to be honest. They will still hold well even without the plastic piece. Would you like another one anyway?
Me : Yeah, depending on how much they cost.
Mark : They're free.
Me : Free? How is that even possible?
Mark : We like to take care of our consumers.

Boom....done. I was astounded at that customer service like that still exists.

I expected :
1) He was going to charge me since those parts do cost money.
2) He was going to tell me to suck it up. Its no biggie and I should be such a baby about something that isn't really pertinent to the actual mechanics of the gun.

He was right to the point, took my address, and ensured that one would be sent out.

Question for you gun whores....Are there any other brands with such strong customer service like S&W does? Any companies that have horrible service?[/QUOTE]

Glock has great customer service.

I agree. I have a similar story that really shocked me as well. I wanted another mag extension for my M&P 40c. It comes with 2 mags, but only one has the extension. I simply called customer service to order one and fully expected to be asked for my credit card #. He asked for my name and address and said "Thank you sir, we will send that right out". I said "how do I pay for it"? He basically replied with "There is no charge. Don't worry about it". I was very impressed. I actually thought I had gotten lucky, but it seems as though this is the way they do business daily. Very nice.

There are actually many companies that are that supportive of their products. Glock, Smith & Wesson and others just don't get their customer service reviewed as much as some of the others out there..

So far, the only gun manufacturer I've had to call was North American Arms.
IMO their customer service was very friendly and helpful and they sent me the replacement part for free.

Back
Top Bottom