• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake !!!!!!

I really meant to say:
All snakes should be considered poisonous/venomous until they are killed, their heads chopped off, burned to ashes, and then the ashes buried underneath 10 ft of impermeable concrete.
No such thing as a poisonous snake, but I see your dedication to their eradication.

View attachment 2287290 OMG its a garter snake in the woods today.Burn the damn woods down
download (3).jpeg

Full disclosure:
I realize that the correct term is venomous, and that poisonous is a misnomer.
But I couldn't resist the temptation to pull some of you snake-o-philes out of the high weeds and down into the mud with us snake-hatas. :)

View attachment 2287290 OMG its a garter snake in the woods today.Burn the damn woods down
I used to drive my Mom crazy bringing snakes into the house. She’s always run me back outside and make me take the snake with me.
I’d still pick that garter snake up and bring it inside for my kids to see.
Ran this king View attachment 2287818 out of rd this mourning
Looks like a Macon County dirt road. Great place to catch a rattler warming up in the Fall.

several years ago, wife and I took a trip to Savannah, on the way home to Gwinnett, we decided to take a "scenic route" home on rural 2 lanes from about Dublin GA up. She was driving, all of a sudden a HUGE snake came off the shoulder and across the highway, it was summer and that asphalt was hot and that snake was moving. It was easily as long as the width of one lane and probably 4-5 inches in diameter. She damn near wrecked the car!!! I was laughing like crazy, she thought it slightly less funny. She didn't hit it, but at the next convenient stop, we switched and I had to drive home. I suspect is was just a black racer of some type, but it surprised us both.