• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sniper exercises

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Lots of shooters are at a loss knowing what to practice at the range. Most ended up "plinking", or practicing the skills they're already good at it. This is understandable......we like to feel good when we shoot and many shooters are loathe to practice skills and techniques that they are not so good at.

An excellent book of drills for the Sniper or precision-rifle enthusiast is "100+ Sniper Exercises" by Eduardo Abril de Fontcuberta.

"Eduardo Abril de Fontcuberta is one of the global sniping foremost authorities. Barrett team shooter, Steyr Mannlicher in-house sniper R&D expert and 2011 .50 BMG 1000 yards World Champion shooter. Mr. Fontcuberta is a Master Scuba Diver and CCR/SCR operator. He is a certified Advanced Armorer, “Train the trainers” and certified technician in Barrett, Steyr, Glock, SAAB, SIMRAD equipment. Has consulted for many leading companies of the Tactical/Maritime spectrum. He has directed several projects of Maritime Tactical and Rescue Units in Africa."

I though I read somewhere that Fontcuberta was involved with the Spanish Foreign Legion, but I could be wrong about it. Anyways, excellent book of drills that the author has collected from military and LE units around the globe.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_8?k=100+sniper+exercises&sprefix=100++sni

To be fair, they have kicked me out of most ranges for performing tactical somersaults (or as I like to call them, somer-assaults) and/or dragging in a car door to set up my own cover. They say they are there for you to train but they don't want to talk about commie combatants - only "safety" and "liability". They like to say they operate a range but from what I can see they don't "operate" at all.

By the way, looking forward to your class tomorrow. I'm hoping to bring my fog machine and enemy fire simulator so we can learn how to lube an AR in "real life" conditions!

Back
Top Bottom