• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So disappointed in Palmetto State Armory (PSA)

Trader805

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
231   0
Reaction score
Their ammo prices are ‘predatory’ to the uninformed and definitely opportunistic to the current false ‘ammo shortage’.
Have used them for things in the past - some good deals at times, but come on guys. Yes - I fully understand free market and all, but Just because you CAN charge 150%, on your normal price for ammo doesn’t mean you SHOULD.
You don’t see Publix, Dollar Store or Kroger jacking up their prices during the panic run on food and paper products.
Rant completed. That is all.
0AB7A279-BF61-4E30-8585-DE55F9936603.jpeg

Well, I guess you sort of can’t blame them for seizing the opportunity to make up for lost profit during the last 4 years... I can’t say that I wouldn’t do the same thing if I was in their shoes...

I’m sure you yourself wouldn’t sell your house for less than the going price in a booming area...

How do you know they're not paying more for ammo as well and this is just their normal mark-up?

There has been a huge run on ammo the last 6 weeks. It stands to reason that they're paying more themselves.

But even if they are just marking up the prices because of demand there's nothing wrong with that. I imagine every company who is successful aims to set prices all the way to the point they can just barely keep stock. Why wouldn't they? It's a business, not a charity.

Its called Capitalism.

If you don't like the behavior of PSA, dont buy from them.

I haven't gotten anything from CTD since they jacked up ammo during the Sandy Hook panic.

And frankly if you are buying overpriced ammo at this point, then its on you. Anyone who didn't stock up when the prices are low shouldn't be complaining now (sorry if that sounds harsh.) I have been buying ammo pretty steadily for the past couple years thinking that something was going to trigger a panic, either Dem's winning the presidency, or some other shooting related incident.

AT SOME POINT, we will ALL be screaming about ammo prices...its just a matter of when.

They aren't the only ones that have increased the price. My go to is SGAmmo and they've gone up also so I'm just not buying from them right now.

Oddly enough, Academy and Bass Pro Shops have had some pretty good deals Bass Pro even had free 2 day shipping on 750 rounds of 9mm 124 grain fmj. I think I paid about .19 a round shipped right in the middle of this COVID19 craziness.

You really need to revisit that Publix and Kroger statement. Both Publix and Kroger have raised prices in my area. I almost cheer it as I keep expecting some of these TP and hand sanitizer hording fools to run out of money and stop the damn panic buying. But so far no luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom