• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So here's a question

Heart/lung almost every time. I have rarely taken a neck shot when that was the only thing available and they were close. I NEVER take a head shot.

My primary concern is a reliable humane kill. Heart/lung takes them out fast when using the right bullet and is very reliable. A neck shot can drop them, but if it's a little high it may only knock them out and when they regain consciousness they will get up and run. Obviously a bullet to the brain is the fastest kill. The problem is that if you miss just a little you can destroy their muzzle without inflicting a fatal wound. That can result in a long suffering death from dehydration, starvation and infection.

Heart/lung almost every time. I have rarely taken a neck shot when that was the only thing available and they were close. I NEVER take a head shot.

My primary concern is a reliable humane kill. Heart/lung takes them out fast when using the right bullet and is very reliable. A neck shot can drop them, but if it's a little high it may only knock them out and when they regain consciousness they will get up and run. Obviously a bullet to the brain is the fastest kill. The problem is that if you miss just a little you can destroy their muzzle without inflicting a fatal wound. That can result in a long suffering death from dehydration, starvation and infection.

I completely agree

Heart/lung. I don't think I have ever had to track one. I took a neck shot 1 time, had to track and follow the deer a long way over a 2 hour period to finish him. That was enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom