• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I bought a counterfeit Spyderco....

MSAA Personal

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
477   1
Reaction score
on EBay. Go figure. I could tell from that when I unboxed it that something just didn’t seem right starting from the box and the fact that it weighed more than what was published. so long story shorter, got in touch with Spyderco sent some pictures, confirmed it was a counterfeit, filed a claim through eBay and remarkably along with the email correspondence between Spyderco and I, Ebay sided on my side and my money was refunded, once I returned the item
Then I purchased a real Spyderco from an authorized dealer on “ebay” and now I actually liked the counterfeit better, another go figure.

Thanks for your time !

Yes other than the steel probably being inferior and not as sharp as Factory it felt better in the hand and had thicker liners giving it a beefier feel
Someone gave me an old beater Delica they had replaced. Screws had stripped from clip and tip was reground when it broke off. Liner is really thin. Those are plenty of knife for most people (like the thin blades and lightweight handle) but I prefer something sturdier I know will handle abuse if it has to.

post pics man. Was the fake cheaper? How was the quality?
Fake was $95 vs $175 on average ebay tail (retail)
here is the fake

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3681.jpg
    IMG_3681.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3687.jpg
    IMG_3687.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3691.jpg