• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So....I recieved my PU sniper from UPS today

Flammenwerfer

Default rank <4500 posts
Úlfhéthnar
61   0
Reaction score
I got my Russian 91/30 PU sniper in today and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased so far......this thing has a gorgeous russian red stock on it, turned down bolt, it's a Tula manufactured rifle, all matching numbers through out, the barrel is super and I mean SUPER sharp with very legible lands and grooves. The scope is in great condition, it is just in need of a good cleaning(like the rifle) they're both covered in cosmoline. The scope has a 1942 manufacture date on it and even came with the proper surplus leather lens covers.

I'm excited to get this thing to the range, hopefully I'll have sometime this weekend. Do any of you have any pointers for sighting in these type scopes? The mount is super solid and there is NO visible cant to the actual scope on the mount.

I'm not looking for 1000 yard shots with this rifle, but I wouldn't mind going all vasily zaytsev on some of those nazi zombie filled torso targets at 150 to 200 yards.

I'm planning on wrapping it in burlap strips(as was common practice for WWII snipers) for the extra cool factor!

What do you fellas think?

Yeah, 91/30's have a pretty decent point of aim with iron sights. I've got a 1941 hex that's ball on accurate.

The thing I really do like about this set up, is you can manage the iron sights really well with the scope mounted.

Seriously, no pics!

Have you shot the K31 yet? Would be interesting to see how the two compare in a side-by-side irons-only event.

Back
Top Bottom