• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So long.Farewell. It's been a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's the problem. Every time I would go to the Private Help forum, a Mod that didn't have anything to do with the infraction is going to explain to me why I got it, or tell me that they don't have a clue.

Well that's no help at all. I would much rather talk with my accuser, instead of someone with third hand information, at best.

That's why the Mods giving out "tickets" needs to sign off on them. Let's all be accountable for actions, not just the regular members.
The vast majority of warnings come as a result of a member reporting a thread. Sometimes they were personally addressed, sometimes it's someone that didn't even post in the thread. So, let's say I answer a report that someone reported you for an offensive comment. I warn you. You then post in the PH "Why did I get a warning?". If the post was deleted and you had a short memory you conceivably wouldn't know why you got a point. I, or ANY mod could then answer with "Your post that said "xxxxx" was reported and deleted." On the other hand let's say I was the one that noticed the post and deleted it before anyone reported it. You'd get the same answer (less the part about it being reported). So now, what exactly does you knowing who reported you (member or mod) accomplish? To start a whizzing match between you and the member or the "mean mod"? It's worse than pointless, it's counterproductive. Now that is only MHO. OS will make any changes he sees fit. Don't violate the rules like the vast majority of the members and you (rhetorical 'you', not 'you') won't have a thing to worry about it. I've got a few points myself and a fair number of warnings. I figured it out. Trust me, if I can figure it out, anyone can.

Well what do they directly contribute to? Inquiring minds want to know.
As stated.. warnings are generally issued first and then points. It's fairly rare you get a point without a warning first unless it's just really over the top. So warnings lead to points lead to time outs.
Honestly, it's really REALLY hard to get banned from here. But we certainly have a few overachievers.

Well what do they directly contribute to? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reminders are just that: a reminder of a rule you may or may not have known about, and you receive a reminder before getting a warning that does carry a point for any given offense

Reminders are just that. Warning carry points they ad up to a ban.
Unless it's something egregious most people get a reminder or two for the same type infraction before a warning is issued.

Well that's easy for you to tell the man, "you only got a reminder". Another misdirected reminder and he has a point.

Don't blow it off like it's nothing. Would you want something on your police record that you were cleared?

You only got a reminder,

you got a no point reminder of the rules, you were part of a pile on of a new member on his first post. That seller left the forum because instead of asking a respectful question in a PM the dogpile ensued and he left because he didn't want to be associated with a site that was rude and disrespectful.

Thank you for clarifying about a reminder (warning) versus a point. I thought there was a point involved, apparently I was incorrect.

I dont know about a pile on. I know I asked a question and next thing I know, a bunch of posts (maybe the whole thread) was deleted and I had a warning. I was told in private help that it should have been a question, not a comment. Nothing was said to me about a pile on. I even said in private help I was about to send the seller a PM to inquire further when everything got deleted.

Well that's easy for you to tell the man, "you only got a reminder". Another misdirected reminder and he has a point.

Don't blow it off like it's nothing. Would you want something on your police record that you were cleared?
Just because it was a reminder doesn't mean it didn't happen. You are really reaching now...

It seems easy for those with immunity, to make light of the troubles of those without.

Hey Steve, I want to be the MOD Internal Affairs.:mod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom